Big Burner ;)

At last! Shes built!

Got the forks back this afternoon, and built her up.

The decals for the forks look so small on the long legs, so I fitted them where they looked best.

And I didn't want to use a Raleigh headbadge decal, I usually put something on a little different. I'd love a genuine Rolls-Royce engineering sticker, but a repro is fine for now.

More is a sec as we have been out for a spin....

Out and about.

I wish I had taken a tripod with me, instead of relying on high iso values...

I am very pleased with the result. I called in at the local bike shop this afternoon, and they were pretty stunned at the result.

Ooh, totally forgot. There is a chain tug I made too, from titanium.

Started with a cheapy ti bolt from the 'bay, lopped the head off and welded it to a boss/washer i spun up on the lathe.

Then fabricated the seat from little pieces of ti, and drilled it to accept the tug.

And fitted:-

:)

Cheers, she rides fine. Ideally I would like the bars an inch or so lower, it would make pedalling stood up more natural, but its no problem. Its great fun to ride. When the bike was a single speed mtb, I would rarely use it as it was awkward and slow because of the tyres, now it is much faster and fun to ride.

I can see this getting used a lot.

:)

Early morning jaw on the floor in awe. This is awesome, one of the best "builds" on the site.
Thanx for sharing I wouldn't have wanted to miss this
awesome awesome awesome

How about a micro burner balance-bike next?
Seriously, totally cool bike, one of a kind! So much to like...

Back