Bianchi via nirone 7 seatpost problem

Vino":1kyzgt46 said:
According to the spec, your Via Nirone comes with an oversized 31.6 seatpost, right? Your carbon one is likely to be 31.8, that's all I'm saying. You obviously need another 31.6.

The new one I've bought is 31.6 that's why I don't understand why it won't fit

Re:

Tc":16uaddaz said:

Me neither. Erm, just realised I had my oversize seatpost sizes mixed up earlier, and 31.6 is the usual one, not 31.8, so yeah, yours ought to be fine.

...Taxi for Vino

Re: Re:

Vino":dcu9zkrt said:
Tc":dcu9zkrt said:

Me neither. Erm, just realised I had my oversize seatpost sizes mixed up earlier, and 31.6 is the usual one, not 31.8, so yeah, yours ought to be fine.

...Taxi for Vino

:LOL:

If it's a genuine FSA post then send it back as it is not the correct dimensions, although FSA have very strict quality control. If however it's a cheap copy then buy another but buy a genuine one this time

47p2":1bvw7oif said:
If it's a genuine FSA post then send it back as it is not the correct dimensions, although FSA have very strict quality control. If however it's a cheap copy then buy another but buy a genuine one this time

I've measured it & it is 31.6 on the calipers

Re:

Hi
I don't know what year your frame was manufactured, but I have a 2006 model which came with a ITM Bianchi branded 31.4 seatpost, alloy not very nice looking. A bit of research led me to a FSA K Force light Carbon seatpost in 31.4 which I bought of EBay USA. Not sure of this will help you but if you check the Bianchi brochures for 2006 and 2007 even the top of the range frames came with a 31.4 seatpost.

Re: Re:

west green":2pfr2r23 said:
Hi
I don't know what year your frame was manufactured, but I have a 2006 model which came with a ITM Bianchi branded 31.4 seatpost, alloy not very nice looking. A bit of research led me to a FSA K Force light Carbon seatpost in 31.4 which I bought of EBay USA. Not sure of this will help you but if you check the Bianchi brochures for 2006 and 2007 even the top of the range frames came with a 31.4 seatpost.

How can I tell what year mine is?

Not sure apart from checking paint job against the brochures which are all online. Curved top tubes after about 2007

Back