Winter commuter - 2005 Bianchi Via Nirone 120th anniversary model

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
Was looking for a cheap Bianchi recently. The plan was to strip my 653 Rourke and build up for winter commuting, as the Rourke is too good for winter.

This came up for sale with a low end gruppo on so decided to go for it and build up... And possibly sacrifice my mavic cosmics for winter, too.

Chorus shifters and mechs, veloce brakes and Centaur carbon cranks. A bit of a muddle of a group set but all works well!

Attachments

• IMG_20230903_125050443_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230903_125050443_HDR.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 44
Please don't sacrifice the Mavics! Get some cheap Campagnolo alu wheels, unbreakable. Get some big Mavic stickers and through those wheels on an early 2000s Pinarello build or similar.

Please don't sacrifice the Mavics! Get some cheap Campagnolo alu wheels, unbreakable. Get some big Mavic stickers and through those wheels on an early 2000s Pinarello build or similar.
Fortunately I have a pair of Zondas for rainy days!

Had an unfortunate mishap on the first day of using this bike. Whilst riding uphill the rear derailleur shat itself, cage and jockey wheels ripped off and ended up on the road, hanger bent and chorus carbon mech absolutely fucked!

It had been lifted off my Rourke just days before so really not sure what happened there. Fortunately the rear wheel wasn't harmed.

A few weeks later and I have a brand new Campag chain, hanger and a very very good condition used mech fitted and it's purring along lovely once again!
IMG_20231009_133409.jpg

Back