Best way to remove decals?

Windex (or whatever the UK equivalent is)

1. Soak a paper towel in Windex.
2. Wrap towel over decal.
3. Cover in plastic wrap.
4. 4-24 hours later (some decals are more stubborn than others), the decal will wipe right off with zero harm to the paint.

I've done this several times.

I'd maybe try some meths, you only need to soften it enough so it will peal a bit - meths should soften the glue, but like someone else said - try it on somewhere you cant see, like under the BB

FDSF

I love early Saracens and owned a gold (well more kind of champagne) Killi Flyer. No photos though.

Probably the only frame I'd consider selling the Clockwork or E4 for......that or an ink blue Zaskar LE

ish":10atqz6h said:
Windex (or whatever the UK equivalent is)

1. Soak a paper towel in Windex.
2. Wrap towel over decal.
3. Cover in plastic wrap.
4. 4-24 hours later (some decals are more stubborn than others), the decal will wipe right off with zero harm to the paint.

I've done this several times.

I think I would be trying this tested method before everyone else's random, untried suggestions, especially on a carbon frame.

flamethrower.jpg

Over the top maybe...but it gets the job done.

I'll get me coat.

Same method Ish recommends except using Ammonia (wet towel with Ammonia, cover entire decal, cover towel with plastic wrap, wait about 10-20 mins, voila! sticker peels off), is what we used to do to get old bumper-stickers off cars that came in for detailing BITD. :cool:

Back