best quill stems?

My personal favorite is this one. I don't have the quill stem but I do have a 1 1/8 ahead stem of theirs. Light, strong and exotic! I would love a 1" quill stem from Sweet parts (at least 150mm long) if anybody has one?

Attachments

• SweetStem1.jpg
    SweetStem1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 547
Was just about to post this, yes I have a sweet parts 1" quill on use on my Cinder Cone of all bikes. Nice spring to it, build quality is breathtaking in the flesh.

"Was just about to post this, yes I have a sweet parts 1" quill on use on my Cinder Cone of all bikes. Nice spring to it, build quality is breathtaking in the flesh."
Post some pics!

U8jxxXZ7VYET63BD9

Poor picture taken after being knocked off by a coach.

Re:

Some nice hardware listed. I love the twin handlebar clamp bolt systems of Syncros and Dean. Having snapped a few single bolt types in my time I just feel safer with them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 421
tedhodson":32t24nc9 said:
The History Man":32t24nc9 said:
Why did they change.?

I can't think of a good reason.

Love Nitto Ritchey and dirt drop stems.
Weight and easy to adjust out on the trail? No headset spanners needed! :-D still have a quill though! :-D

Re:

I like the ATAC very much, but it had only one position, slammed to the bottom. Otherwise it would show the quill part, much thinner than the rest, which looked terrible.

Nobody mentions the Zoom stems, quite in fashion in the early 90s as a cheap "upgrade" with its fancy titanium-like color... Kalloy-Uno was another popular poor-cyclist upgrade, in millions of anodizing varieties, and with matching handlebars, seatposts and barends.

In Germany quill stems are still quite popular on the hybrid-urban market, since they are much easier to slide up and down, useful for everyday cycling.

Back