Best bike shops that cater for retro builds

Re:

If you're near Leamington Spa then I'd definitely recommend the chaps at John Atkins. These guys know their retro kit and are most sympathetic with stuff that's old and unknown to a modern audience. They turned around a sick Neil Orrell BB into a work of art for me. 'Above and beyond' doesn't come close to their level of service. If it's not so obscure, then I'd always use the guys at the Giant Store in Leamington. These chaps are ex-racers from back in the day and are just so helpful. Peace and love, H.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 386
Re:

The Cycle Centre, New Street, Penzance.

Not really needed to go anywhere else for the last 20+ years... Ian and Nic love a old tat, hence the warm welcome when I turn up.

al.

Re: Re:

al":3vzgcusk said:
The Cycle Centre, New Street, Penzance.

Not really needed to go anywhere else for the last 20+ years... Ian and Nic love a old tat, hence the warm welcome when I turn up.

al.

I used to go in there after school when they were in Bread Street and drool over the high end Marins and the more accessible GTs :D

Re:

Sett Valley Cycles in New Mills.

Only place I'll let touch my Pace (for jobs that are a)beyond my pay grade,b) require tools I don't own, or c) involve finesse and patience ). Plus Sam has a nice f6 hung up in the back room.

Re:

Can confirm Harry Perry in Woolwich. Don't be put off by the quality of stuff on sale in the shop.

The guy that runs it has a massive collection of retro bikes himself - north of 60 last I spoke to him. Mainly road stuff though.

Andy at Wheels in Motion in Chard is helpful and a good mechanic, his personal preference is for 50-60's bikes but his knowledge goes way back when to the present day.

Mark Manley":3m302ldr said:
Andy at Wheels in Motion in Chard is helpful and a good mechanic, his personal preference is for 50-60's bikes but his knowledge goes way back when to the present day.

I will agree with you about him, knows and likes Mountain Cycles too. Had a good chat with him about my San Andreas. He knows his stuff alright.

Back