Bent Tange Switchblades?

I just wouldn't take a chance on something so important!......think of the potential wig slippage if they fail!....

Paint looks in great condition, are the supposed to be NOS or have they been repainted?
There is a small chance it could be a poor paint job that has run, stripping the paint would confirm - even taking a pocket knife to the 'ripple' would confirm if it's paint or a bulge in the metal.
The first photo does appear to show a bulge on the left as well as the ripple, may just be the photo though...

Thanks for the 2nd opinions, they confirm my suspension, bent.......ergh.

I'm guessing they might have been damaged in transit, sucks.

It would take a hell of a lot of force to do that though surely? Maybe the delivery van ran them over?

edit:
And the paint doesn't appear in the photos to be cracked, has someone tried to cover it up?

Mr.Toad":r27oqf3i said:

It does suck, but damaged in transit or not, either way it is still the sellers responsibility to address. Hope you get a positive outcome.

walleater":2n3wvi0q said:
I agree. There's even a crease / mark in the paint in the one shot.

+1 :-(

Mr.Toad":2n3wvi0q said:

Considering where they are bent, I think transit damage is also a possibility - what did the packaging look like ?

WD :D

Heres mine - and its not 'paint', its whatever the equivalent to anodising is for steel.

file.php

deffo bent - but odd that the crease is at the front - this would suggest they have had a heavy hit from the rear....

ovlov440":2pmpebtf said:
deffo bent - but odd that the crease is at the front - this would suggest they have had a heavy hit from the rear....
I would day they have been in a crash and been bent back, hence the crease at the front.

Back