BB Length?

oldave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The original cup and cone b/b on my Diamond Back Ascent EX is a bit poorly and seems to dislike wet and dirty conditions! The spindle length as best I can measure is 129mm. Closest sealed unit I can find is 73x127.5.
Seems near enough to me.
Am I right?
Thanks.

Hi Dave,

I’m guessing this is the bike you bought from me a while ago…

Firstly, I recon 1.5mm shouldn’t be an issue so if that’s the closest I’d go with that… as what we’re taking about is 0.75 of a millimetre narrower on each side…

Secondly I’d love u to do an owners thread and stick some pics up of the bike… it was a beauty!

👍
Andy

Hi Dave,

I’m guessing this is the bike you bought from me a while ago…

Firstly, I recon 1.5mm shouldn’t be an issue so if that’s the closest I’d go with that… as what we’re taking about is 0.75 of a millimetre narrower on each side…

Secondly I’d love u to do an owners thread and stick some pics up of the bike… it was a beauty!

👍
Andy
Thanks Andy - yes twas yours! It is still a beauty, but not as original. Fitted thumbies (best for my arthritic fingers) and v brakes (setting up cantis my worst skill). Changing bars to risers with some back sweep at moment - back trouble!
There's a photo in a nearby Thread.
Apart from cleaning and regreasing all bearings and replacing all inners and outers it needed such little work that not worthy of a restoration story!
It and I are well suited at our combined age of over 100!

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it Dave and better to be a functional bike than an ornament like mine 🤦‍♂️
Send a link to the thread if you can 👍
All the best …
Andy

Bloody brilliant! Love it… very functional…

Check out those mudguards…!

A black Shimano seatpost would really suit it!

I always say stem should match seatpost like collar should match your cuffs! 👍

Great pic Dave 😉

Thank you! I was a bit apprehensive about your reaction.
Yes a black seat post - and black v brakes and levers - would be good. As it becomes more regularly used I intend spending on it. Comfort is inevitably the main consideration as one lurches towards 75!

Latest posts

Back