BB Spindle length

SNight

Retro Guru
I know this a minefield and ideally, I’d measure up on the frame, but I’ve not got the Wheel set ready yet and I’m keen to try and get as much bits ordered as I can to start building up the bike.

I’ve got a Stronglight 100 Lx double crankset
68mm BB shell
132.5 rear spacing
9 speed shimano cassette

Will a 118mm spindle length be suitable for a decent chain line?

Why dont you "hold" it together with the correct amount of spacing left and right and measure it? Thats a 5 minute job.

Its not a "guesswork". Its geometry of mathemathics. What do you think did the engineers do? they took a piece of paper, drew the bottom bracket, the rear stays and the specs of the crankset and ..... there you go! Good lord.

Ha ....Im so sorry. Im at work and just oferflew it and was immidiately triggered *laugh*

A bike shop could probably figure this out for you in 1 minute. They might have a problem deciding exactly what is needed, but usually they can determine right away, depending on the technicians experience. Or else, if you’re anxious to get going, and the nearest bike shop is 65k away, like here, order the 118. You might have to order two more before it’s right. No big deal, it’s a hobby, throw money at it until it’s right. Cheaper than golf and less of a waste of time for almost no physical benefit.
My bikes with a 118mm are triple chainsets. Raleigh Randonneur and Royal. Both spaced 135mm. Possibly a bit wide.

in my opinion.

Back