Bargain Ebay bike lights

My_Teenage_Self":3491e29l said:
Both the lights I have have different mounts, so don't expect them to be a direct fit, but bodging these should be pretty easy.

The duo has m4, but I believe the Vier is an M3. I have it on a different mount and had to re-tap it to an M4 (Although the Vier is probably a bit big for a helmet anyway, the Duo is fine, and I have the battery in my camelbak)

Strange that the Vier being larger has a smaller screw, my 5 LED main lamp is a design that looks near identical the Vier and has the same size screw as the rest. It is what it is I guess, I did wonder why the Vier wasn't offered with the excellent clamp/bracket that comes with the selecta, this explains that.

Carl.

I honestly think Brite R are buying up whatever the chinese factories are producing, rather than developing their own (hence variable design), but have enough sense to make sure that the LED itself, batteries and charger are decent.

I actually fittend the C&B seen clamp to the vier, which looks *remarkably* similar to mounts from other companies, and identical to the one that comes with the selecta, hence I know the thread on the vier is smaller than M4.

http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/product-qui ... se-mt.html

Still happy with my lights though :)

My_Teenage_Self":1pl1i1qr said:
I honestly think Brite R are buying up whatever the chinese factories are producing, rather than developing their own (hence variable design), but have enough sense to make sure that the LED itself, batteries and charger are decent.

I actually fittend the C&B seen clamp to the vier, which looks *remarkably* similar to mounts from other companies, and identical to the one that comes with the selecta, hence I know the thread on the vier is smaller than M4.

http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/product-qui ... se-mt.html

Still happy with my lights though :)

On the Vier and Duo I think you are correct (not necessarily a bad thing as the Duo is basically a Solarstorm x2 which when it has Cree LEDS is a good light). I haven't seen a light similar to the Selecta, so I wonder if this is their own design based on a modified black/silver spot light.

Carl.

Re: Re:

Madmax1993":9t1sylpt said:
Are any of the Brite r lights compatible with a go pro mount? I'm using a Bikehut 1600 lumen light on the handlebar which I've been really impressed with, but I'm struggling with helmet lights. I've tried a lezyne 500 lumen model which is a neat size, and I can bolt a go pro adaptor onto the bottom of it to mount on the helmet, but with the battery built in and being quite small the run time is insufficient. These Brite R lights look like just the ticket, but ideally I'd want to mount it on my go pro pad on the helmet rather than strap another bracket on, as it's an endur-o-matic lid with relatively few vents.

This might help;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GoPro-Style- ... 3429019226

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
:D DIY 3D prints......... it's the way forwards (i'm doing Garmin mounts, light mounts, spacers and widgets............. and toys for the kids!)

Latest posts

Back