Bargain Ebay bike lights

Re:

I like to keep a small set of lights in my rucksack when I go out for a ride, just in case I'm out for longer than expected and it gets dark.

I bought a set of these a couple of weeks ago, given their small size and light weight they are impressively bright. The front light probably isn't quite bright enough to go full tilt on an unlit road, but they're impressive for "emergency" lights none the less; far better than the little winkers I had before: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RECHARGEABLE ... 2749.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Should be quite good with these sat on the bars :LOL: :

The problem with lights only on the bars is only seeing where the bars are pointing ... Clocked 37mph with no ambient lighting and just with the bar lights :cool:

WD :D

WD Pro":2thbomis said:
The problem with lights only on the bars is only seeing where the bars are pointing ... Clocked 37mph with no ambient lighting and just with the bar lights :cool:
Flood on the bar, spotlight (ish) on the helmet........ took me several near stacks (and several stacks) before i finally succumbed and bought a second light.

Re:

Any suggestions for daylight rear lights from eBay or similar? There are lots there but without trying them it's hard to tell if they'll be decent enough... Anyone given them a go?

WD Pro":wg3qnou0 said:
Should be quite good with these sat on the bars :LOL: :

Where can I get one of these battery brackets? I think my regular ride crew will also want them too.

Carl.

That's the only one sorry and it can't be bought ...

It's my design made from a broken USE alien and some brackets I bought from the classifieds on here.

The stainless part is laser cut and also holds a GoPro or computer - the GoPro mount is at the front and mostly hidden on that photo.

It's a single bolt attachment with an adaptor that replaces the top cap, nothing phisically touches any other part of the bike so no rub / mounting marks etc. It's quick and easy to swap out and as I tried to balance it over the mounting point, it's stayed put and hasn't worked loose (I was a bit concerned that it might).

It's cost me about £40 in total for all the parts including the stainless bolts, Velcro, GoPro mount etc but for me it's worth it for the simplicity of quickly fitting / removing the lights and to have nothing marking up the Ti stem, bars, frame etc :D

Yes, my bike looks like Wall-E ... :LOL:

Back