Bargain Ebay bike lights

These look great gone for a pair of the gold ones but I think I'll try and 'rub' them down to silver. If anyone has [new] reds and desperately wants to swap for golds then I could probably accommodate when they arrive.

Thanks to OP!

I'm so looking forward to this Monday evening. I'm taking out our club's first nightride of the season for beginners' level. I bought a load of Tesco torches as club lights ( beginners don't go daft-fast ) but these seem even better!
I'll be taking these " L.G.F. recommended " lights on my bike as a test set. I've not tried " real world " burn times with 1000mAh NiMH batteries yet but I'm very hopeful!
I'll let you know how Monday goes.

The 1800mAh batteries arrived today.
Now cycling them through the charger four at a time,
should be ready to go in about 10 days and am looking forward to seeing how they cope with my normal 40 minute training circuit.

I'm keen to know the effects of drain on the batteries,
what will be the burn time, finding the ideal point of discharge before re-charging etc.
All other experiences would be much appreciated. ta.

Dr S":27yc6d0q said:
I was entering a debate about cheap lights. I think that the £250 for a Trout light that kicks out 2000 lumen is cheap when compared to a Lupine that gives 1700 Lumen for over £700 (last time I looked).
No dick swinging, just entering the debate. If you want to get onto income may i add i spend what i can on bikes and riding- its my passion. I don't go out on the piss, don't take fancy holidays, work my bollocks off and I havn't bought a pair of jeans in 3 years. Spending a bit on a light that will give me good service for many years and many hours of enjoyment is good value to me. And you forget I'm from Yorkshire and we don't like spending if we can get away with it!!
Personally, I agree with LGF on this.

He started the thread about cheap LED lights. It's nothing about income, nothing about cost relative to other things, just some cheap lights on ebay that many have been delighted with.

No matter how you paint it, £250 is not cheap for a set of lights - perhaps for some, money well spent, perhaps for some, relative to other expenditure, they may be relatively cheap. But they are certainly not absolutely cheap - and people reading a thread about a set of lights from ebay that cost around the £5 mark, then talking about some lights that sell at around £250 is way different - and quite likely going to be seen as p1ssing on lamposts. So the whole "entering the debate" thing is nonsense, because £250 lights are in an entirely different market to lights costing around a fiver.

I'll accept, they may be a great set of lights - they may be very good for their cost, but they are significantly different in price compared with the topic of this thread. If, as you say, they are great, and such a relative bargain, then they should sustain their own thread on effectively "Money no object LED lights" - and maybe it'll have a similar degree of participation as this one.
Dr S":27yc6d0q said:
If you want to get all bitchy then fine. Enjoy your 150 lumen lights and steady back lane bimbles.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Neil":3ia77o3z said:
Dr S":3ia77o3z said:
I was entering a debate about cheap lights. I think that the £250 for a Trout light that kicks out 2000 lumen is cheap when compared to a Lupine that gives 1700 Lumen for over £700 (last time I looked).
No dick swinging, just entering the debate. If you want to get onto income may i add i spend what i can on bikes and riding- its my passion. I don't go out on the piss, don't take fancy holidays, work my bollocks off and I havn't bought a pair of jeans in 3 years. Spending a bit on a light that will give me good service for many years and many hours of enjoyment is good value to me. And you forget I'm from Yorkshire and we don't like spending if we can get away with it!!
Personally, I agree with LGF on this.

He started the thread about cheap LED lights. It's nothing about income, nothing about cost relative to other things, just some cheap lights on ebay that many have been delighted with.

No matter how you paint it, £250 is not cheap for a set of lights - perhaps for some, money well spent, perhaps for some, relative to other expenditure, they may be relatively cheap. But they are certainly not absolutely cheap - and people reading a thread about a set of lights from ebay that cost around the £5 mark, then talking about some lights that sell at around £250 is way different - and quite likely going to be seen as p1ssing on lamposts. So the whole "entering the debate" thing is nonsense, because £250 lights are in an entirely different market to lights costing around a fiver.

I'll accept, they may be a great set of lights - they may be very good for their cost, but they are significantly different in price compared with the topic of this thread. If, as you say, they are great, and such a relative bargain, then they should sustain their own thread on effectively "Money no object LED lights" - and maybe it'll have a similar degree of participation as this one.

I guaratee if someone started a 'money no object LED light' thread, then the same ones moaning on here would chip in with the ''why pay that much when you can spend £5?'' argument...
Its swings and roundabouts.

I dont really think the point was ever about relative costs, it was just a different point of view being offered.
And as we have now discovered, some of you dont like different points of view.

I wish Brant Richards or On One would make some lights. :twisted:

KeepItSteel, has anyone really had a go at anybody on this thread? I can't seem to find any argybargy :?

kaiser":1d2awe6b said:
I wish Brant Richards or On One would make some lights. :twisted:

KeepItSteel, has anyone really had a go at anybody on this thread? I can't seem to find any argybargy :?

No! NO! Dont encourage him!

I dismantled mine in the taxi last night and with the reflector off its like a good flood light.

I will see how I can integrate it into something else just to see if I can.

I always fancied building into an old ever ready plastic thing or a chrome 70's style lamp housing.

The old Eveready Nightrider accepts two 4 packs of AA batteries in place of the two D cells which in turn makes one helluva bright light when using a 7.2v Krypton or Halogen bulb.

Back