Barbon frame (Builded oh yeah)

Re: Barbon frame

otherself":2i7000dr said:
Well "Barbon" It is an old English surname, not italian. And I doubt an athlete would have his initials engraved into a stem and fork crown! (rub off frame decals/ stickers.. yes)

The stem is a 3ttt "Criterium" - introduced in 1985 and ceased in the early-mid 90's. rare to see it in a gunmetal grey finish - perhaps as to supplicate the Shimano 600 groupset of the early 90's in the same gunmetal colour finish.

The 130mm rear spacing would indicate year 1990- onwards, as 126mm's last year was 1989.

Is the bottom bracket italian thread?

Late '80s- early '90s team RMO, had their riders names stamped into the bb shell of their bikes. Totally useless fact from me, one of many I'm the proud owner of :facepalm: :roll:
3ttt stems, along with bars, were quite common in that colour in the '90s too

mike

What make are the drop-outs ?

Sounds like you have a mint rare frame on your hands mate :shock:

My contact says with it having the Cinelli BB shell are usually on hi-end frames.....this frame was probably brazed by Vetta (taverna father and son) from Padova.

They also made the master for Colnago back in the years.

The groupset could have been Campagnolo Super Record, but can see also the more recent Record-C or Chorus.

Hi again the dropouts are campagnolo, it seems like a really good frame and it is very light also.
I managed to get some wolber tubular rims with suntour superbe pro centres for it and an almost new campy veloce, centaur group for it. I will post some photos soon.
John

Back