Baltic Bawbags - Sunday 4th Feb

Hi Dyna and Clubby.
At least you weren't on your own Clubby. Sounds like a nice route for it too.
Like Dyna there was no way I could do it after Heather having to head south on Saturday, though like Dyna, Caleb and I did get a ride along the canal. Opposite ends maybe ;)
We drove to Inverness and met up with Brian. I felt bad as my late withdrawal stopped Brian coming as well as I was giving him a lift.
Jamie

10 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

That must be a record turnout for a MacRetro ride Clubby, for all the wrong reasons :facepalm:

Good job you brought some backup and were able to make a good ride out of it.
I'm starting physio sessions tomorrow so hope to be getting out and about to some rides in the near future :)

Re:

Apologies from me as well Clubby. I have realised lately that I have become.....Depressed. I need to go see my GP ASAP as its basically messing with me badly and destroying all motivation. I know that meds will help a bit but I need to get off my arse and force myself to get out in the fresh air.
I think I have always been a bit down but recently I have become a lot down and for the sake of those around me who I care about I have got to get it under control.

Re:

I can relate to that totally
Once your out on a ride I've NEVER regretted getting out and off my arse, once the endorphins hit!!!!
I'm a happy chappy again :twisted:
It's all legal and no nasty side effects.

Re:

Got to do what's best for you Velo and get back to feeling like yourself again, keep dragging yourself out biking as it really will help.
I feel like I've slightly lost the plot recently after a few things that have happened in my personal life, but slowly getting to grips with it all. Combined with working away from home all the time and having no "routine" to speak of let alone sleeping in the same place from one day/week to the next takes its toll after a while :roll: .
I think the key is identifying what is the route cause of making you feel crap and making a point of changing your life in a way that will make a real difference. To that end, I'm actively seeking a new place to live ATM where I can go to work and have a life in my free time instead of wasting my time traveling all over the shop!

Re:

Thanks guys, I am official depressed but I knew that anyway so on meds which I hope work. Anyhoo dug my old fixed gear Rudge Roadster back out the shed and fettling it for service. For reasons I have never been clear on this bike always makes me smile, very old, heavy, Very slack angled and enormous but always a joy...think thats what I need. :)

Re:

Sure many of us have been there Velo. Can be an awkward situation to navigate.

I was watching a military fitness type training video the other week (stop laughing at the back you gits) and the trainer, who was a former parachute reg't major, was saying the hardest part of going for a ten mile run (or whatever activity) was putting your shoes on and going out the door - a sentiment I entirely agree with, notwithstanding the fact I'd still have to run 10 miles :shock:

But the principle stands in my book.

Back