Baltic Bawbags - Sunday 4th Feb

Re:

I'm a late no shower too now :oops:
Apologies Clubby, felt knackered when the alarm went off this morning and subsequently fell back asleep and woke up at 9, at which point it was too late for me to make it on time :facepalm:
Just getting myself sorted to head out on the gravel bike for a bit of a canal path/road ride to try and salvage something from the day.

Re:

Tis a bugger when plans go awry :|

Am just back to Aberdeenshire having had to babysit recouperating hound and see kids in Oban. Just one of those many weekends when chores called. Hope anyone who attended had a blast as weather looked spot on :cool:

Re:

Do you think they're still out there? Lost in the snow somewhere? :shock:
Not heard anything from those that attended yet, where's the photos guys? :?

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":1p07hm5e said:
Mr Panda":1p07hm5e said:
Tis a bugger when plans go awry :|

That it is Mr P.
How is the dug doing? Hope all is well now.

Jamie

Getting much better now - looks like he ate a healthy dose of rat poison, so you can guess the effect that had on him. Was 50/50 last weekend but they let him home after a day or two on drip and vitamin K. Getting back to his old self now but will still be a few weeks before normality regained.
Still trying to establish how he got to the poison as it was poked deeply into gaps between/below concrete slabs etc to a distance he couldn't have excavated. Maybe the rats started moving it around who knows. Originally thought he'd eaten poisoned rat(s) but not sure now. Found a couple of "turds" in the garden undergrowth which were blue/green in colour - same as the poison blocks :?

Re: Re:

jimo746":zqvb66uc said:
Do you think they're still out there? Lost in the snow somewhere? :shock:
Not heard anything from those that attended yet, where's the photos guys? :?

Not heard anything as naebody turned up.

Well that's not strictly true. I turned up , thankfully with four reliable friends. Davedh also turned up with two friends but they were planning on heading further out than we were, so set off on their own, swapping places with my group on the climb until we parted ways at Loch Ordie.
We carried on up the sunny, open west side of the loch and out towards the shooting lodge, then back over between the two hills on the boggy track we took a few years back. This was a bit interesting in places as overnight snow was covering the track and hiding soft boggy parts. At the bottom of the downhill, we were waiting to regroup and spoke briefly to a local who then disappeared down a bit of secret singletrack. Of course we had to follow and popped out at the top of Mill Dam, next to the junction that we split off at on the second part of the loop. Really nice section of trail and also means you don't have to ride the section past the boat house for a second time. From there we followed the usual loop and had a lovely clear day to enjoy the viewpoint at the top of the cliffs trail.
Weather was kind to us. We quickly cleared the freezing fog that was hanging around at car park level, and once up in the hills it was a nice still, sunny day. Ground conditions were pretty boggy in places but there was actually less standing water then when we were last up in November.

Shame nobody could make it. I know a lot of you couldn't help it and would rather have been there, but the rest of you need to stop making excuses and get of your lazy arses and ride :twisted:

Re:

Apologies again for not turning up but I've been dealing with a few things lately and basically shouldn't have made the commitment to go in the first place.
I'm out until I'm feeling up to it I'm afraid, don't know when that will be or whether I'll be able to attend another MacRetro ride as I'm considering moving away for work ATM so my attendance would likely be to rides in the south of Scotland only unless it corresponded with some time off etc.

I'll still be posting occasionally and getting out and riding but it's local rides for me only as I travel so much for work my motivation to drive any distance at the weekends is sadly depleted.

I did get out on the bike the same day along the canal for what it's worth :roll:

Attachments

• Me not being lazy 04.02.18.jpg
    Me not being lazy 04.02.18.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 1,284
Re:

Glad you're getting out Colin. My comments weren't aimed solely at you, there were plenty of guilty parties. I can understand you not wanting to travel in your time off. Good excuse to organise something down you way though.

Re:

I know, I feel guilty enough myself for not turning up though. If I say I'm going to do something I tend to do it so not like me to not show. My mood has been up and down lately and that week it was definitely down :roll:
I'll see what I can do, I've got a mate who wants to go out riding at some point soon so will post up when/where that is and if folk want to come along then that would be good. Probably only be up at Carron Valley but might look at trying to extend the purpose built trails with a bit of the fire road routes up there if I can work out a loop of sorts (most of the fire roads seem to be dead ends so might have to be a "there and back" type route). Was planning on heading up there tomorrow for a quick run so will see.

Back