Back to the good old days...1997

dalecooper

Senior Retro Guru
Was browsing on the attic today, it was a rainy cold day and found these old photo´s. I used to work then for the Dutch Rockshox/Giro/Proflex importer. Every year we made a trip to the worldcup mountainbike in Houffalize Belgium to promote our products. But we also watched the races. It was way before the digital cams so you had to wait several days to develop the photo´s. But still these weekends were good fun! I know the exact date because on sundays we´ve heard of the tragic death of Princess Diana.. I´ve also included a pic of my first mountainbike a Giant Coldrock! The next one was a Marin Pine Mountain fitted with stuff no one needed in these days but they looked good.

Tinker Juarez

Cadel Evans

Miquel Martinez
Paola Pezzo

Giant Coldrock

Marin Pine Mountain

wow those photos bringing back some great memories.
My second bike was a marin pine mountain 16inch with sloping top tube, great bike.

Brilliant stuff. I remember going round my dads mates house to watch the Grundig world cup races on eurosport. I think he was the only person with a satellite dish in the village...

Golden age of MTB i reckon

First time I went to Houffalize was I think a Grundig World cup in '92 or '93. The first time I saw those guys flying on those steep rocky downhills.... I realized I'm a very moderate biker and can't even stand in the shadow of these stars.

1995 Newnham park, Plymouth, Grundig world cup round, Absolutely amazing those guys made it look so easy it was embarrassing. I was walking around slack jawed, I saw someone on some rollers just spinning up and looked up and saw it was Thomas Frishknecht :shock: :shock: :cool: During the race I walked up to the top field where there was a track and a speed bump some of the back markers were pulling stunts for the crowd as they were going round so cool :cool: :cool: :D :D

Great memories :D :D

They were giving these bottles out as freebies I have a pair of them still ;) :cool:

Attachments

• DBR bottle 1.jpg
    DBR bottle 1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 424
Back