Avid V-brake setup QQ

Re:

There is now a recall on Avid Single Digit 7 bakes. You might want to see if your brakes are included in the recall. That might be the problem here.

Nah.. Even is he has a brake like this that rivet can be 2 things only. The first one will only make problem with the spring as that pivet connects the brake to the frame, you would notice that if the spring does nothing. The 2nd option is the cable holder's rivet. And if that is not there you would notice that :D

I assume it's the first option. That rivet can break, that can cause the arm to stay in contact with the rim.

But it's has nothing to do with our friends problem :) As I saw he said that it's all ok, it's not working for some reason. But I'm a 100% sure he would notice a broken rivet. + It would not function.

yeah not broken, didn't think that was the issue, but if recall have to get it sorted out, probably won't break but you never know.

Yeah I really have no idea what the issue is/was, haven't had a chance to ride the yeti in anger (have to swap out the flat pedals...and maybe rebuild the fork), but the avids seem to work fine on it, jsut not on the xizang. Possibl the ti frame, or the new rims/pads... or a combo of all 3. But I'll just keep using the old XTs as they work pretty well

Re:

I have a set of those brakes. I'm sending them back and getting a new set. Even if that wasn't the problem with setting them up I just wouldn't trust them. I think this is a good reason to start over.

Ha well after all that I decided I could keep using the avid brakes evn with the recall..but hey any excuse do buy new stuff, so bought somenew XT T780 brakes/levers...sheez, whats with these things, put them on, they were better than the avids but...still terrible and almost impossible to set up right and the tension spring just seems to dislodge and the levers seemed to be 3 finger ughness...
But putting the old 739's back on with those levers...that works REALLY well great power and feel.

SO I dunno, my v-brake foo maybe out the window, but finally brakes work well, so yay!

Back