Avid v brake lever spare parts - bushings?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So, I bought some cosmetically ratty avid sd7 levers off here as I was after some silver ones to match some brakes, so was up for some polishing.

However, on arrival the right lever had tons of play. After taking them apart, it's clear there is a bushing missing that is causing the play (it's huge and will destroy the lever if left as is).

Anyone know if it is possible to buy a replacement and if so, where from? This is an unexpected headache I could do without and wouldn't have bought the levers had I known about this issue.

Pic below of the part I need and the bolt that it fits on the end of/housed snuggly in the lever body.

Thanks

Attachments

• PSX_20220129_172129.jpg
    PSX_20220129_172129.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 6
Do these look right? Sorry the photo's a bit crap! _20220129_192102.JPG
They are off a set of AD 3's that I stole the pivot retaining grub screws off of for something and then one of the circlips went missing as well. Yours for postage if you think they'll do the job.

Certainly looks about right. I've nothing to lose but postage costs so willing to take a punt.

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.

It looks like someone has what you need. However, in case someone else has the same problem in the future, the information below might be helpful.

The part you need is known as a flanged bush. It might be possible to find what you need by searching online using the term 'flanged bush', possibly using the term 'plastic' as well.

For example:
https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/B...Plastic-Bushes/c3_7393_7394/index.html?page=1

If you have a digital vernier gauge it will be easy to work out what size you need (every retrobike project builder should really own a cheap digital vernier gauge, as they have so many uses).

Back