Attaching brake cables to hydraulic hose mounts???

Hi klunkrider,
Am I understanding you correctly? Are you saying that there are benefits of a full outer over a split outer with bate cable between? If so very interested in your thoughts.
Cheers
Yeah I just think any where you split the outer is an opportunity for water and dirt to get in so a full outer will run smoother for longer, exposed inner can hit the frame making noise and/or wearing paint, depending on your routing you could have issues if you want to attach anything with straps, ie a frame bag.

Some of these things may be more, or less, of an issue for you but I can't see any ways in which a split outer offers any benefit. Maybe if the frame already had stops in place and you didn't want to have them unused but that's not the case for you as I understand it.

These are what you want. I had something similar to convert on a Hybrid during those "transition" years; same
frame but sold with options for V-s or Disk depending on the model.

Check your cable guide size before ordering. The flat side on the flange is so it doesn't foul the top-tube.

EDIT: Assuming of course you confirmed the cable guides are not the fully open type, otherwise, it's full outers.

Last edited:
Yeah I just think any where you split the outer is an opportunity for water and dirt to get in so a full outer will run smoother for longer, exposed inner can hit the frame making noise and/or wearing paint, depending on your routing you could have issues if you want to attach anything with straps, ie a frame bag.

Some of these things may be more, or less, of an issue for you but I can't see any ways in which a split outer offers any benefit. Maybe if the frame already had stops in place and you didn't want to have them unused but that's not the case for you as I understand it.
Thanks for the input. I think the accepted wisdom is that less outer equals less friction in the system but everything you note above makes sense. I am more if a cross country explorer than a downhill hooner so don't think switching to cable discs and running full outers will not cause me any problems 👍
Cheers

Back