Attaching brake cables to hydraulic hose mounts???

averagebiker

Retro Guru
Evening all,
I have an MTB originally equipped with hydraulic disc brakes.
I want to fit cable discs to it........but this thread is not to debate whether I should or not!! 😁

I could fit the cable brakes with full length outers but want to explore other options first that might allow me to use shorter sections of outer on the rear cable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have found adapters that turn cable mounts into hose mounts but not the reverse which is what I was hoping to find. Boo boo

Can the retrobike gang help me please
TIA

You can get ferrules referred to as step down. They slot into the hose guides on the frame but are larger at one end so the don't slide through like the cable would. You can then use cables as you want to.

You can get ferrules referred to as step down. They slot into the hose guides on the frame but are larger at one end so the don't slide through like the cable would. You can then use cables as you want to.
Thanks, I will have to dig the bike out but I think the hose mounts are just the type you lay the hose on and then attach a clip to hold them in place. But will check and report back.

The only other solution I can think of is to rivet on some cable guides but you'd need to drill holes in your frame.

Latest posts

Back