Argos racing prices

jonnyboy666":2yonss65 said:
yeah when we were chatting about it,he said the paint match was really hard, not to mention working out not just where the fade should start and stop but also how fine the fade itself was, regarding the stickers i was told that they were supplied giving details of where they should be but that info turned out to be wrong hence the complete respray.

i'm really happy with the work he did for me, i'd defo recommend him.

his premises is a bit of pain to find though, it's a reasonable sized industrial building in the middle of a normal housing estate, you drive in through a one way entry gate, go round the back of the building, park, then you go through a gate into the building and his workshop is on the left.

he also painted graveymonster's gulf kona, don't know if you've seen that but it's really nice.

From memory, it wasn't decal placement that was wrong to be fair, but the Original Decals supplied by the customer with the frame that were not accurate, by a country mile. (especially when I saw them).

And also, there was a blemish in the paint on first attempt also, Hence the frame coming back from the customer and the repaint.

And an Exceptional Job was done by Tim and Garry, it Was Sublime, the decals were spot on especially placement. as was the patience to get it as Accurate as possible for the customer, Not an easy frame especially given, like me, the customers standards are rightly very high.

In all fairness, Tim is very good, providing there is little pressure from backlogs of motor bike tanks and helmets to paint, or his personal life isn't in turmoil.(poor fella). Other wise its a Headache.
When he hasn't any work, hes Quick and top of his game.

His work is Sensational, and when as a team, Garry and Tim get it Spot on like no other firm I have used, perhaps Bar Argos.

Its just sad that too much work and personal life slows the process down.

Just my "UNBIAS" Experience of it FWIW.

I have had frames painted by Garry/Tim, and Argos, and for paint costs there is very little in the price difference. (however NO two frames are ever the same, nor is the detail required for the artwork in the decals, unless of course its a plain single colour with a basic decal kit)

Fame repair and tube replacements are very efficient from Argos, and a very good job done always in my experience, and for a very reasonable price if you want it done properly from an experienced team.

Of course if you have a frame that just needs a single colour, or nothing too difficult, the cheapest option is a powdercoaters, I tend to spend £40, and this gets me a single colour, sandblasted zinc coated(if required) and then the powder coat, its cheap and its quick, but I do tend to have to tidy up and finish threads, brake bosses etc, and mistakes do happen but to my mind this is to be Expected when only spending £40,

sinnerman":2o21rnwp said:
jonnyboy666":2o21rnwp said:
yeah when we were chatting about it,he said the paint match was really hard, not to mention working out not just where the fade should start and stop but also how fine the fade itself was, regarding the stickers i was told that they were supplied giving details of where they should be but that info turned out to be wrong hence the complete respray.

his premises is a bit of pain to find though, it's a reasonable sized industrial building in the middle of a normal housing estate, you drive in through a one way entry gate, go round the back of the building, park, then you go through a gate into the building and his workshop is on the left.

he also painted graveymonster's gulf kona, don't know if you've seen that but it's really nice.

From memory, it wasn't decal placement that was wrong to be fair, but the Original Decals supplied by the customer with the frame that were not accurate, by a country mile. (especially when I saw them).

And an Exceptional Job was done by Tim and Garry, it Was Sublime, the decals were spot on especially placement. as was the patience to get it as Accurate as possible for the customer, Not an easy frame especially given, like me, the customers standards are rightly very high.

Without wishing to go over old ground I provided Garry with decals to use as a template and I told him before I even sent the frame that they were not to the correct size and I was not happy with the ones I was supplying and wanted him to make correct sized ones. I was quite pissed off when i was shown decals he had produced showing exactly the same faults as the ones I had sent with it! In the end I only resolved this by getting some NOS decals and sending them.

The end result is stunning and I would use them again, the paint finish is great. I would not however make the mistake of sending decals and make them get the sizes from the originals on the frame.

Rick Draper":396ng9io said:
sinnerman":396ng9io said:
jonnyboy666":396ng9io said:

Without wishing to go over old ground I provided Garry with decals to use as a template and I told him before I even sent the frame that they were not to the correct size and I was not happy with the ones I was supplying and wanted him to make correct sized ones. I was quite pissed off when i was shown decals he had produced showing exactly the same faults as the ones I had sent with it! In the end I only resolved this by getting some NOS decals and sending them.

The end result is stunning and I would use them again, the paint finish is great. I would not however make the mistake of sending decals and make them get the sizes from the originals on the frame.

Sadly, the files of decals do differ greatly, Hence why all 9 of the frames they have painted for me over the last 14 months I have insisted are duplicated Only from the original bikes provided.
Sadly there are so many different variations on decals, from year to year model to model etc, inaccuracies inevitably occur when going from internet files etc.
Given where that first set came from it shows that,there is NO solution but to either buy Aged NOS or duplicate the Originals from scratch.
Sadly this only becomes an issue for me with a bare frame and nothing to go by.

I think your final result was Exceptional I was genuinely amazed when I saw the end result first hand.

Whilst I understand the reason for Jonny Promoting the Painter, sadly when I need work done, (as many customers Do), there is a lot of time needed to be dedicated to graphic artwork especially if it is not kept on file. TIM cannot do this on his own, and I for one am thankful, for garry to put the painstaking time into the detail and the artwork, and giving Tim a push when it is required.

Otherwise I wouldn't have had the Quality of work able to be finished, and I would have had to make do with Generic graphics from aged files that are not accurate enough. Especially given in most cases Aged NOS decals are so hard to come by.

In addition to that, as with my last frame refinish, all the decals were unavailable (files/NOS/and a blank frame), and given the paint I had insisted on, I wanted airbrushed work too, and Garry step in and provided Tim with the much needed work to make this achievable.

Whilst Tim is very Good, given what has been achieved I couldn't have got to the finish line without them working together as a team.( and it didn't go smoothly in all honesty, it took Tim 4 attempts to get the paintwork perfect and 7 months to do it, no one is perfect but with there combined help the end result was perfect and they were happy and I was over the moon. worth the time hassle and money certainly, would I use them again..? HELL yeh...!)

:cool:

jonnyboy666":1bt0mc79 said:
single colour no stickers would be about £120 i think

aquafade is a pain apparently but TJC did a very good one a while ago and he's a really cool guy, also based in brizzle, he is the painter for graphicshack.

http://www.tjcdesign.com/index.htm

he painted my 07 clockwork recently, 2 colour fade with stickers, £175, i am really happy with it.

And the artwork and decal kit came from Gary at Graphic shack for this job too.

And wasn't it a good job done by the pair of them, I bet you are over the moon.... :cool:

Latest posts

Back