Anyone ski/snowboard??

Lapsed snowboarder here. Would love to go again, but it's crazy money now that there are children to take too ;)

My biggest regret is stopping boarding. My stuff got knicked and when the travel insurance settled it was June, not the best time to get some new kit :( Also scuppered my annual trip with the boys as it didn't make it over to married life :( :( .

Anyhoo, I'm going to go against the grain and poo poo Scotland. Most days* boarding I've had here have been miserable, freezing, white out, gales, and on ice. The continent is where its at, the infrastructure beats anything Scotland has to offer and the guaranteed snow and sun etc and will probably be cheaper to boot. Even better is a fortnight in North America, I went to Mammoth in the mid nineties and it was ace, best thing I did to bring on my skills.

* not all but most.

With kaiser as regards Scotland, you cant depend on anything weather wise as regards conditions access etc.

As for mountains, although a Scot i've seen other parts of the world, we dont have mountains really, big agressive looking hills yes but not mountains. Met a wee old woman from Aberdeen whilst standing at the base of the Italian Dolomites, she looked up and said they're nothing compared to the Cairngorms, she was serious. That was Scots nationalism gone mad, our "mountains"are barely foothills to the Alps.

Go to the continent or further afield ;)

Back