Anyone seen or heard from Radrider recently?

Still nothing from Radrider..... but he's been on Pinkbike since I posted messages to him.

Mods - give me a shout please.

Last edited:
found him on pb now, could not find him for some reason before.

Do you need me to message him or anything, incase he has blocked you and does not get your messages?

He has a business too

found him on pb now, could not find him for some reason before.

Do you need me to message him or anything, incase he has blocked you and does not get your messages?

He has a business too

If you could message him - that would be appreciated.
It's particularly annoying when you see him as online and the t*sser still ignores the messages and posts.

I've also posted on the CanadianMTB Facebook group.

Last edited:
Have messaged him to let him know you are trying to get in touch, hopefully he will get back to you.

This is unbelievably lame/weird.

Mainly because he's so active online, and all under the same name on all his accounts. Every forum has a radrider; he has an eBay account under the same name. He's clearly known in the community and deals with plenty of other people.

It just seems... well, pointless. Is three hundred something bucks worth ruining your reputation for in something you clearly love?

The bike world is a small world.

But obviously all that is worthless to consider for the person who just got robbed.

Last edited:
You say robbed - I wonder if I reported it to the Toronto Police, if they would see it the same way?
I have the emails that presumably constitute an agreement - proof of payment.
Has a crime been committed?
If I had been walking down a Toronto street and someone took C$350 off me - that would surely constitute a robbery?

Frustrating though it is (and I've been stiffed a few times) this is part of the hidden cost of doing informal business online. Overall, it may not be cheaper than a place with more enforcement/redress. Sooner or later, someone will screw you over - and you aren't getting the goods or your money back, and this person will get away with it too. Whatever the law says, policing in this area is near non-existent.

I tend to find the following helps:

Reframe and consider it as money well spent to learn something (perhaps about yourself/reaction to the experience). The more money lost, the deeper (if harder) the lesson. If I'm feeling generous, I may even consider that perhaps they needed the cash more than I did, but were too ashamed/scared/afraid of being rejected to say so.

Another question I will ask is: How much of my limited time is it worth to chase this thing? Especially against the chances of getting my money back/goods I paid for (which frankly after a few weeks, is likely to be near zero). If you value your spare time highly, it might not be that much...

I'm not a religious or spiritual person, but I think there's something to the notion of karma - if only that stiffing someone out of a few hundred bucks doesn't lie easily on someone's soul. Do I want my future self to have nightmares, be looking over my shoulder, or thinking about regrets on my death bed over past actions done? No - and I think most people's life experience is similar, so I try to live accordingly. If I stiff someone, no matter how I try to justify it - I know I really can't. Humans have evolved to be creatures of social cooperation - and going against that nature, isn't an easy option in the longer term (unless they are a psychopath, and frankly spending a bit of money to avoid getting tangled up with one of those is well spent).

Last edited:
Back