anyone need a new car? "s" plate honda civic, £500

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
since i have finally got the T5 i thought i'd offer up my honda here before i try anywhere else.

details:-

honda civic 3 door, S reg(199:cool:, 108,000 miles, 1.4i engine, never modified or anything silly. MOT till mid-ish august, taxed till end of july.

the car is basically good condition, it has been in my family from brand new. first being bought for my mum, then my dad had it in his last few years of work driving to and from the local refinery, then when he retired he effectively sold it to himself as previousley it was registered to his company (1 man band self employed consultant)

i then bought it as my old audi was having issues, i have had it for about 4 1/2 years and in that time it has been perfect appart from normal wear and tear.

it has a 40litre fuel tank and with roof bars but no bikes i get about 330 miles out of a tank before i see the fuel light come on. i should add that this does drop if you put bikes on the roof as you'd expect.

i generally don't do a huge amount of milage a year hence it being quite low at 108,000 miles for 12 years. i drive it to work 4 times a week max which is 4 miles each way, other than that it gets used for taking the bikes away for riding missions! so it gets a mix of short distance commute and long distance bike related missions!!

as it regularly carries bikes i'm sure you understand that there are marks here and there! the headliner has the obligatory rear mech oil mark on it or 3 and there is a chain mark on the gearbox tunnel towards the rear seat, but other than that the interior is pretty spotless. the exterier has a few more marks, i think there are 3 dints in total, 1 on the middle of the rear spoiler (where the cycle rack hit it) 1 on the bonnet but isn't to noticeable and 1 on the front drivers side wing, again not too bad. scratches wise, there are a few, mainly where a bike has been rested against it then moved and left a nice brake lever scrape! none are that deep but they do show. also the hub caps are a little tired where the paint is coming off. Having said that overall it's pretty good nick for 12 years old.

it had a service recently and has just had a new rear section of the exhaust, the tyres are good for quite a while yet aswel.

it has the factory stereo in it which is a removable radio/tape deck but i had an Ipod adaptor put in aswel, the windows are standard wind up, it does have central locking with a blipper thing but the key fob section of that broke so i have been using the key as normal in the door lock. it doesn't have an alarm.

the only bad thing it has is sometimes when starting it makes a funny noise, i have been told it is the starter motor but it is intermittent and as you would expect it behaves infront of a mechanic! that said it ALWAYS STARTS! sometime just takes 3 turns of the key.

the price is £500 including the remaining time on the tax disc and if this is paid i will chuck in the roof bars (not the cylce racks)

happy to answer any questions by pm/mobile(pm for number) or if you want to view it i am 20mins outside of southampton but i work shifts so bear that in mind.

here's some pics :D

Attachments

• drivers interior.jpg
    drivers interior.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 460
  • front-drivers side.jpg
    front-drivers side.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 460
  • front-passenger side.jpg
    front-passenger side.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 460
  • loads of paperwork.jpg
    loads of paperwork.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 460
more pics :D

Attachments

• passengers interior.jpg
    passengers interior.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 457
  • rear seat interior.jpg
    rear seat interior.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 457
  • rear view interior.jpg
    rear view interior.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 457
  • rear-drivers side.jpg
    rear-drivers side.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 457
more pics :D

Attachments

• rear-passengers side.jpg
    rear-passengers side.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 456
  • the dash.jpg
    the dash.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 456
  • the mighty 1.4i!.jpg
    the mighty 1.4i!.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 456
  • thule roof bar kit.jpg
    thule roof bar kit.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 456
actually i always try and keep the inside clean as that's where i am!! the outside on the other hand . . . well err . . . when it needs it! :LOL:

This car is a serious bike carrier like a tardis , At mayhem last year 26 bikes came out of this car!! :shock: :D

Hmm really tempting and I am just down the road in Hythe...

Just talking with the girlfriend...

Would you part EX for a Cannondale Super V ;)

Latest posts

Back