Anyone know who can still service an RS Super Deluxe

pinguwin":1qg6ysv9 said:
DIY might not work when you need seals and other parts, good chance that Hippietech has parts although they don't sell parts without services.

Its not just that, its the guy servicing it is likely to be able to recognise or know if long out of stock seals are compatible with modern seal available.

dyna-ti":2rvu4etd said:
pinguwin":2rvu4etd said:
DIY might not work when you need seals and other parts, good chance that Hippietech has parts although they don't sell parts without services.

Its not just that, its the guy servicing it is likely to be able to recognise or know if long out of stock seals are compatible with modern seal available.

That part of the fun of diy servicing not just for shox, finding it all out and getting advice. You'll know for next time or be able to share the advice.

Also look at the s.i.d. and parts catalogues in the archive

pinguwin":1r0kj1jg said:
http://hippietechsuspension.com/ is a good bet.

He can be hit or miss in terms of how long he takes.
My last dealings with him were fine but others have had delays.
But he can go way back to the old stuff in many cases.

In light of being scoffed at by some and darn right insulted by others I gave up all hope of finding
anyone able or willing to service my Super D in the UK, so when I saw the above post ^^ I contacted the Hippie one and tonight I got this back :D

From: Jerry Vanderpool [mailto:hippietechsuspension@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 October 2015 20:29
To: Nick Taylor <Nick.Taylor@XXXXXXXXX.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Rock Shox Super D

I can Service that Nick!!

Please just ship it to me along with your Contact Info to get the ball rolling

Jerry Vanderpool
President/H.M.F.I.C.
Hippie Tech Suspension
611 E. 44th St.- Suite 9
Garden City, ID 83714
USA
( 208 ) 724-8949
http://www.hippietechsuspension.com

cheers for the lead, gonna send it off as mine has a small dead spot, that's annoying when you ride it.

Nick

Re:

Got a reply back from the Hippie one today, pleasantly surprised at the price :D

"I received the shock and I need to do the following

Full overhaul as well as replace the shaft and some other parts to get rid of the dead spot and some other issues.
Total for repair including return shipping to you would be $110.
She will work better than new.

Please let me know if you would like me to do the repair. If so, would Paypal be ok for payment.

Cheers,

Jerry

Back