Anyone here work for a furniture company or even retail ??

Re: Anyone here work for a furniture company or even retail

We had a large-ish sofa delivered by a swanky Notting Hill shop lately and it was ripped on delivery. The wife sent them straight back out with it. Initially they refused and said we would have to phone the shop, but she told them to phone the shop, and do it from the pavement. Turned out it was the last one they had, and we got it for half the original price negotiated at the store.

I reckon it would be a fair argument that you were expecting a high quality item, and that is not what was delivered.

Replacement with a guarantee from the point of replacement, and a substantial compensation for your time and trouble is in order I reckon.

What eventually happened?

We had a similar experience recently. Ordered a 3 seater and 2 seater leather sofas with electric recline - not cheap ones either. Specially made in the US. They turned up 12 weeks later - wrong colour and with manual recline. They said we could keep them and they would order the correct ones but it will be another 12 weeks. Makes me wonder how many times they have been checked between the factory in the US and the retailer in the UK and no-one noticed they were wrong. Not everyday you get to keep a £4,500 pair of sofas and get another pair free.

Blimey blast from the past !

So what was the result?

Be nice to know after all this time. :-D

Rob Atkin":3trmdnh0 said:
So what was the result?

Be nice to know after all this time. :-D

Blimey, if he can remember back that far. Now, what was I doing yesterday?

Twas a long time ago but can explain more

This was during a period that dad was alive but last months of terminal cancer, During them 9 months he had it in his head to sort things he wanted for mum etc before he departed as such. this sofa was one such thing of course and why it was so important to be right for him

Of course they did eventully come up with the goods but too late for the old man he never saw it and we didnt give a shit about it then ... Actually forgot about it when the repair man came.

feel sorry for the sofa now really only visitors ever sit on it

Latest posts

Back