Anyone heard of a frame builder called Wally Watkins ?

Re: Wally Watkins cycles

Help Alistair
We have just been researching Watkins cycles and came across your enquiry. We have a Wally Watkins
tandem which we bought second-hand 45 years ago and still use occasionally. It still has what we think is the original red paintwork and original motifs/decals/labels. The following address is also there:
Watkins
181-3 Lineacre Road,
Liverpool 21.
Hope you find this info. useful.
Carole

Hi Alistair. My old school pal from my days at the John Hamilton Technical High School - George Munday who now lies in Spain had a Wally Watkins red track frame that was handed down from his father to George in the very late 1950's.
The bike had been fitted with flat bars which George used until he started a new adventure down in the Kidderminster area before meeting his wife and starting a family.

Good luck with your continued search for info into your late Grandfather Wally Watkins.

I have sadly sold my the last two of my bikes (a 51cm Steve Goff & a 50cm Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Carbon Flat bar Hybrid) as a result of severe arthritis in my right shoulder and elbow.

Re:

Wow that’s great to hear some stories! Carole I’d love to see some pictures of the tandem!? And if you ever want to sell it then please give me first refusal.

Re: Watkins tandemh

Hi Alistair,
Here is the photo you asked for - at last! I have also included photos showing the address on the tandem. We do not know if this is the address of your grandfather's work premises, or even if the premises still exist, but Linacre Road in Liverpool 21 does. Carolè

Attachments

• Tandem 4.jpg
    Tandem 4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 365
  • Watkins badge 2.jpg
    Watkins badge 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 365
  • Watkins badge 3.jpg
    Watkins badge 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 365
  • Tandem 3.jpg
    Tandem 3.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 365
Wow thank you very much for the pictures Fantastic to see the tandem. Please keep me posted if you every come across any other pictures of other bikes - and of course if you ever want to sell then I will provide a suitable home!!
Thanks again Carole, much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back