Anyone else lost that cycling feeling?

Re:

Had a tough 60 miler Sunday in the heat, halfway thru we stopped at a caf and got talking to three fella's, the eldest silver fox asked me where Holme's Moss was and i asked him was he doing it today (after first establishing he'd ridden from leicester)..i could see he was tripping and the two oppo's with him where no older than 35 and out of curiosity i asked is age, '70 mate' came out of the corner of his mouth whilst mounting his bike.He was tripping in giddyness for a do, the two 30 yr olds looked parrot to death of him. Belter.

Re: Re:

konatime":3csq44je said:
Had a tough 60 miler Sunday in the heat, halfway thru we stopped at a caf and got talking to three fella's, the eldest silver fox asked me where Holme's Moss was and i asked him was he doing it today (after first establishing he'd ridden from leicester)..i could see he was tripping and the two oppo's with him where no older than 35 and out of curiosity i asked is age, '70 mate' came out of the corner of his mouth whilst mounting his bike.He was tripping in giddyness for a do, the two 30 yr olds looked parrot to death of him. Belter.
Buono estente.

Chris Waddle.

Boutros Boutros-Ghali.

legrandefromage":1lr6skst said:
well I am going to try tonight and again tomorrow.

SPD shoes on...

come on now, out that door with you

Certainly the right kind of weather for a spin out - make the most of it!

I did a 90-minute ride after work, taking in the appropriately named Sharpley Hill, which does exactly what it says on the tin. ;)

David

Chopper1192":3srh99t4 said:
A lot of Carlton owners are now strangely quiet about Savile being a fan of the brand, and 'originally owned by Jimmy Savile' doesn't feature in ads these days. Can't think why.

.... strange that none of the charities he raised thousands for have handed the money back. one cannot feel not betrayed and angered by what he was found out to be.

He's lost that cycling feeling,
Wo-ho that cycling feeling,
He's lost that cycling feeling,
Now it's gone, gone, gone, wo-oh-oh-ooohh.

Baby baby, he'd ride in spuds or flats for you,
If you would only allow bikes in the house like you used to do,
We had a bike, a retro, you don't find every day,
So don't, don't, don't, let the feeling slip away.

Re: Re:

konatime":2tv3vdlw said:

Strange thing was...at the halfway point i was convinced i was spent and me partner was'nt looking bonny, the leicester pensioner telling me he was 70 yr old somehow made the homeward bound a bit of a breeze. It's not like i never knew about this phenom but still it's intresting/kinky when it happens live. In the past i rode inclines all wrong and a pal talked me thru the machinations whilst riding a long en, sometimes it's the way folk contruct a sentence or use a set of specific words, i could ride any incline after he had put two sentences down me ear, infact i went looking for em.

Back