Anyone else long term single and genuinely happy?

There are some very heartfelt responses to this post. That in itself is testament to the nature of this forum.
The sub-45 age group are more likely than ever to be single these days. And the greater the concentration of young people the higher the singles rate. London, for instance, has the highest concentration of young people and the highest level of single people. The question is whether the breakup of traditional social circles, such as family and local geography, for career or social aspirations has lead to this situation. One thing to note is that the sub-45 age group are also the highest users of anti-depressants so it's up in the air whether the modern free world of choice and self-determination is in fact any better than the connected close-knit old world.
Personally I think that anybody who enjoys grubby old bikes will never be lonely.

Re:

I was in a relationship i was happy in, she was French, but I was needy, and it ended after 8 years

I was a mess, and subsequently single for two years

It changed me, totally

now i'm married but dealing with a partner who has so many ghosts from her past that I've had to grow up quick to be there for her

I see things very differently now, and i'm much easier going!

my man shed and bikes are how i de-stress, and this forum is a haven

it's just as well we don't know how our futures are mapped out!

edit: I forgot how much I used to love flying saucers!! :LOL:

Re:

When I was a bairn playing at the beach I remember how there would always be some fat ugly kid
would come along and knock down my castle, I could never understand why they did that.

highlandsflyer":1pue2m6m said:
Trotting out the cliches in good measure. No one is compelled to shop in Mothercare. Having kids does not render anyone devoid of individuality or non conforming behaviour.

The problem with threads like this is they inevitably become a self congratulatory pat on the back for the people who 'conform' to the norms of the originating poster.

I'm not theorising. I'm talking about my actual experience.

Back