Anyone else found their retroness has waned.....?!

Re:

Not a solution for everyone but the best thing I did was reduce the fleet, have ridden the few I have so much more !

Re:

Hey Folks, this is an interesting thread; my Retrobike, and indeed my riding interest, has been on the backburner for a while. My riding lessened due to a few health issues, but my tinkering with the ancient simply backed off due to 2 reasons really; 1, I spent most of my time rebuilding other peoples forks and bikes and 2; when that went a bit quiet I took up a 3 day a week job that completely took my eye off the ball and turned out to be absolutely dreadful! So I have just given that the boot and have re-entered the FORK-English workshop with a vengeance!! It will be my tenth year of fixing Pace kit in 2017[15 if you include my time at Pace!!] so I have a few custom build ideas in store. Hell: I might even get a bike out and go for a pootle!!

I think it may actually renew interest by backing off things a bit occasionally. Coming back to stuff with a fresh approach I guess.

Now...lets just dig all those RC cars out of the loft :shock:

Waned ? :?

Im only getting started :D

Admittedly this isnt all(12 pairs in pic) and theres another 4 pairs built as wheels and in use. It goes from their very first hub to the pro4.

I reckon that fat stuff is a flash in the pan :p

Attachments

• DSCF1822 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF1822 (Custom).JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 409
Re: Re:

justbackdated":1n01pg7e said:
Hey Folks, this is an interesting thread; my Retrobike, and indeed my riding interest, has been on the backburner for a while. My riding lessened due to a few health issues, but my tinkering with the ancient simply backed off due to 2 reasons really; 1, I spent most of my time rebuilding other peoples forks and bikes and 2; when that went a bit quiet I took up a 3 day a week job that completely took my eye off the ball and turned out to be absolutely dreadful! So I have just given that the boot and have re-entered the FORK-English workshop with a vengeance!! It will be my tenth year of fixing Pace kit in 2017[15 if you include my time at Pace!!] so I have a few custom build ideas in store. Hell: I might even get a bike out and go for a pootle!!

I think it may actually renew interest by backing off things a bit occasionally. Coming back to stuff with a fresh approach I guess.

Now...lets just dig all those RC cars out of the loft :shock:

Good to hear Tim as I need the guts fora set of rc35's! Retro rc? Tamiya?

Re:

Now, don't get me started on the vintage RC!! Tamiya, Associated, Mardave, Losi, Schumacher.....and I have bought some re-releases now of stuff I never had back in the day like Kyosho Scorpion etc.

Unbuilt NIB Blazing Blazer, Wild Willy, Jugg2, Clod, TXT, Abarth Fiat, RC10, and some of the more recent stuff like the rock crawler Toyota, Pajero, Ford F350 and some Rock Crawlers by Axial & Losi etc

Oooh....lets go have a play!! ;)

Back