Anyone Any Good With Retro Road Shoes ?

Thanks everyone :cool:

They do seem very well made - quality leather, including the inner sole.

I assume they were expensive (for the era) ?

WD :D

jackosbournesnr":919k06un said:
Gaerne make shoes and boots for both motorised and self propelled two wheel bikers. They are very much alive and kicking as a business and they have, for many years, been my favourite shoe maker. I have erm... several pairs.

Try sending them an emailhttp://www.gaerne.com/cycling/en/contatti/

They're a fairly small company and are passionate about what they do, so you have a good chance of a reply. I've had a response to any email I've sent them.

As for your shoes, my guess is late 90's/early 2000's. I can get all of the mounting options with the exception of the two rectangular indentations... What cleat are they for?

My first thought was quill pedal cleats, but none of the shoes I had "back in the day" looked like that. Is it for some proprietary style?

I think you'll find they are earlier than that. I have a pair of the same shoe but Splash colour scheme (Look as though they are covered with paint splatter ) I got mine on release in the beginning of 86. the extra plate mount was for their own plate for use with clips/straps they also had an adapter to suit the Cenelli M71 pedal

I would like to see your shoes if you could post a picture ?

I didn't realise they were that old (almost as old as my misses ! :LOL:) and I am now having second thoughts about using them ... I bought them as a cheap shoe for a laugh at spin class - but I wonder if they should be preserved due to rarity and condition (true NOS) ... ? :?

WD :D

Back