Any shops, online, in UK who sell Retro/Vintage bike parts ?

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Does anyone know of any shops, online, in UK who sell Retro/Vintage bike parts such as wheelsets?

I've searched and not much luck, Hilary Stone and Pedal Pedlar and that's about it.

Seeking a wheelset.

Any links appreciated.

There's vintage bike cave but don't always list all their stuff, the other sites generally concentrate on whole bikes at eye watering cost.

You could consider looking for wheels with say MA2 rims as by 1978 the Élan tyre and module E rims were about. Cippolini or Biggs682 on here might have something.

Otherwise its playing a waiting game. I once bought s complete bike for the Shimano first gen chainset :)

I have too many bikes in answer to your question , mainly 70's early 80's stuff which I came across when younger with a slant towards time trial kit. Strangely the bike I jump on most if the time is a 2012 Basso with the luxury if a compact chainset ,:)

Good luck with the search :)

Shaun

I live around the corner from vintage bike cave and they always have tons of stuff in which doesn't go on the website, probably worth calling them with you're requirements as they'll almost certainly be able to help.

The real life shop compared to the website is an absolute aladin's cave

Re:

Halo do a retro wheel but I suspect it's shimano cassette fitting.
Can't remember the name of the company but the distributor who has a ID logo and a big thick yellow catalogue has pages of DiaCompe stuff that's much the same as their stuff from the good old days.
Plenty of rims out there. Why not buy some, new or used and hubs of eBay of one of the many modern replicating companies. See above for a start.

riddim-track":187cbp3g said:
I live around the corner from vintage bike cave and they always have tons of stuff in which doesn't go on the website, probably worth calling them with you're requirements as they'll almost certainly be able to help.

The real life shop compared to the website is an absolute aladin's cave

are they relaxed about people browsing ? some places get a bit huffy and want to know what you want, its probably not far from me, I've seen some of their stuff on ebay but never ventured to their physical shop ?

Try Henry Burtons in Stafford. Things may have changed, but they used to have a great mix of old and new stuff (a decade or so ago) .

Back