Any Interest ...

Yes please as I have a candidate. Maybe brush painting isn't the way to go this time.

Re: Re:

Gruff":pmjj9a3l said:
Go for it!
I bought some of that leather filler that you recommended in another thread and its brilliant.

:D

:cool: glad it worked for you... i was sceptical, but pleasantly surprised with the results.

FluffyChicken":271168yz said:
Yes, why not. But why not start with stems and bars, since that what I would practice on and then transfer to the big frames.

Tools would be good too.

It's always good to see how to do it better than grab a can of Aldi reduced paint and spray it on :)

I like rebuild threads for parts and things as well. It then gets ideas exchanged and I pick up information on different ways or ways I hadn't thought off.

So do it as long as you don't mind others adding or suggesting to the way it is done.

TBH, bars and stem are the exact same method.
i did the bars from the explosif but didnt take photos during ... strangely, its quite difficult photographing handle bars :? :shock:

Im not sure the stem from explosif is cosmetically salvageable. My wire brush wheel wouldn't touch the rust on it.

I wouldn't have a problem with others adding to or suggesting alternative methods.... like retro spud pointed out if you just take one part from the way i do it ... just like Asda every little helps :LOL:

enc":3u08gf26 said:
I wouldn't have a problem with others adding to or suggesting alternative methods.... like retro spud pointed out if you just take one part from the way i do it ... just like Asda every little helps :LOL:

Hey buddy don't undersell your self here ^^^^ that's Tesco's strap line

Guess we can all work out who does the shopping in your house :facepalm:

Re:

Lots of interest here!
Last time I painted a frame was with a brush and a tin of Dulux. It looked pretty good actually but then I am a decorator. The woodchip re-upholstered saddle and coving mudguards were a step too far though.

Back