Any info on this CR-7?

I think the main triangle alloy tubes were plain gauge as butted alloy tubes were only just making an appearance from Easton. The back end bolts were steel but weren't big enough,like Scant says bigger bolts were the order of the day :D

scant":31vrkps4 said:
24pouces":31vrkps4 said:
The CR7… One of my dream bike… :cool:

you can pick them up for only a few hundred bucks
Ok but where ? :LOL:

It was an original bike with the big aluminum tubes and hard welding job and the rear classic cro-mo . I think, it was a good idea to mix the 2 metals.
I saw some in France in 1990-91, but it was quite rare. ;)

I have that 1991 MBUK article and just been looking at it by chance. I will scan and post tomorrow.

Nice bikes, a chap I worked with had one that his dad gave him, helped him source an evolution sized headset for him as he didn't have a clue what size he needed! It was pretty much original iirc except someody had switched the XT shifter and brake combos for exage units, I kept nagging that they should be changed back :)

cr7

hey heres a link to a magazine article

bikebitz1.jpg

bikebitz2.jpg

bikebitz3.jpg

bikebitz4.jpg

bikebitz5.jpg

Cr7 test in january 1991 mountain biker mag

Peace martin

This bike brings back some memories!! When I worked in Chesil Cycles in Winchester I remember the Gary Fisher Rep popping in with a CR7, Red main frame with a black rear triangle to show off. I asked to go out on it and he said yes, to my surprise, he obviously hadnt got wind of my reputation!! Off i went at warp speed around Winchester in and out of the traffic at lunchtime rush hour, thinking to myself "mmmm this is a tasty little mover" only to get a bit too cocky, whipped it around a corner hit a wet drain cover and...............you guessed it crashed it!!
Ripped the seat bashed up the rear mech, took the end off the grips, etc. Went back to the shop with my tail between my legs and promptly said to the Rep you are not going to believe what some guy in a car has just done to me!!!
Makes me chuckle to this day, little things and all that!!

Stuart

Back