Any Essex Riders??

It was the only chelmsford bike shop I could remember, I worked and studied in Chelmsford in the late 80's and early 90's but didn't live there.... Or of course I would know :)

Grew up in Stanford-no-Hope just south of Basildon. Hadleigh used to be a place we would ride out to as a group, but mostly we rode trails we probably should not have in Brentwood and Laindon Hills…Sometimes we drove out to the posh boys playground of the Surrey Hills ❤️. Anyone here used to ride the Southend & County Wheelers Winter Series. My first race they got Tim Gould in on an invitational to ride an artificial circuit on a building site in Purfleet - he thrashed everyone. After that Paul Hinton dominated for a few years until Dave Hemming grew into his legs. Good times.

Grew up in Stanford-no-Hope just south of Basildon. Hadleigh used to be a place we would ride out to as a group, but mostly we rode trails we probably should not have in Brentwood and Laindon Hills…Sometimes we drove out to the posh boys playground of the Surrey Hills ❤️. Anyone here used to ride the Southend & County Wheelers Winter Series. My first race they got Tim Gould in on an invitational to ride an artificial circuit on a building site in Purfleet - he thrashed everyone. After that Paul Hinton dominated for a few years until Dave Hemming grew into his legs. Good times.
I spent most of my life (apart from the last two years) in Walthamstow and before that leytonstone (up until 197:cool: though I was born in Clapton.
Only riding I did was around Epping Forest and the marshes between Walthamstow and Clapton
Seems you’ve some fond memories and experience !

There are usually MTB and trials/trail motorbikes (green laning?) going past my house down the lane but no idea where they go or where the trails are around Mistley Manningtree

Back