Any body else in to slot car racing

I used to race slotcars in the mid 80s in Edinburgh, the club had a huge handbuilt 4 lane track in edinburgh, the cars where made of brass plate and went a tad faster than scaletrix - good fun.

did a guy from winchburgh called colin meikle used to race with you ? i mind seeing him racing those cars when i was very small :D :D

ok , i was never small , young.... :oops:

not sure Eck, my memory for names isn't great - we used to race at Hutchinson off Chesser avenue - in a portacabin in school grounds.

Club was called Ecurie Ecosse Slot Car Club I think.... where have I seen that name before?

here I think - if it works:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=55....,-3.240886&spn=0.001713,0.003688&z=19&iwloc=A

I used to get a lift each week from a guy in Fife that thought - or maybe was - a rally driver - hairiest driving I've ever experienced, but strangely didn't feel unsafe.

(link edited)

aye thats the place , he worked in the bp petrol station at the archers garage in sighthill........

i think he had a hand in running it at some point ? pass , i was only 5 or 6 :LOL:

big.eck":8nu6g8j9 said:
aye thats the place , he worked in the bp petrol station at the archers garage in sighthill........

i think he had a hand in running it at some point ? pass , i was only 5 or 6 :LOL:

yeah I was 5 or 16 too, do you know the boys at marionville then if you like RC too?
They were my MTB riding buddies in the early 90's - we also used to race 1/8th scale nitro at Gilmerton.
I had an early Mugen, I really regret selling that.

i know the guy with the glasses to talk to and i have spoke bikes with him before....... small world eh ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes it is, don't know which one wears glasses now but Rick owned the shop with his dad, Scotty worked there (- and maybe still does) and Pete runs a Carbon parts company out of Bathgate.

Pete had the first Zaskar I ever saw and could bunny hop about 2 feet with it.

Scotty could wheelie uphill for what seemed like a hundred yards (that's off road too) - he had a trek 8000.

rick sounds right , have you been in there lately ? they've totaly changed the shop from alladins cave to a totaly organised alladins cave :LOL:

total refurb and proper lights .

The Ken":astjuljp said:
big.eck":astjuljp said:

yeah I was 5 or 16 too, do you know the boys at marionville then if you like RC too?
They were my MTB riding buddies in the early 90's - we also used to race 1/8th scale nitro at Gilmerton.

I know Rick and the boys, I and my mates spent a fortune in there on 1/8th ic cars, turbo burns and inferno's & mugens :LOL:
They used to come out and play paintball at Skirmish
They are into Power Kites now.
Must admit that they are pretty good fun. Miss my T-Burns though, that could shift!!

Gc

enid_puceflange":3alj9put said:
The Ken":3alj9put said:
big.eck":3alj9put said:

I know Rick and the boys, I and my mates spent a fortune in there on 1/8th ic cars, turbo burns and inferno's & mugens :LOL:
They used to come out and play paintball at Skirmish
They are into Power Kites now.
Must admit that they are pretty good fun. Miss my T-Burns though, that could shift!!

Gc

I used to go with them to skirmish too - when they had the high towers and village - health and safety ruined it IMO.
Need to get them on this site - I sort of got them into kiting but they got me into Powerkites - Rick and Scotty lent me a kite and buggy, I had one shot and after the cortisone injection to my shoulder worked, I went back to him to buy one.

Latest posts

Back