Anxiety tips ?

I can sympathise, had similar times too. Exercise is wonderful for stress, so I'd also suggest making sure you ride. Try to find something social as it increases your motivation to ride - local CTC groups for example have weekday rides. There may be a fair few retired on them but many will have legs that will shame people 30 years younger... :cool:

As mentioned exercise will help, particularly with sleeping and relaxing.
You need to see it as essential not preferable, and watch what you eat this also will have an effect on your mood and ability to sleep or relax.

Try a meditation book (one without any religeous conotations) as these focus on a relaxed state rather than looking for spiritual enlightenment.

Not trying to be funny or anything but from other posts you do have a tendency to allow things to irritate you more than most. Focus on yourself first.

Good luck.

I suffer from anxiety, although not to the same level as some people do.

I decided to try 'Kalms' tablets, which can be bought from any half decent pharmacy. They do a great job of keeping my anxiety levels down. I often used to find that I'd "overthink" things. The Kalms help me concentrate on one thing at a time and I've found them to be really good.

Nail trail...quite true....sorry :oops: Barney will try them.....been on the Camomile tea too.....woke up and had i spose an anxiety attack at 1.30am not fun,has made me realize along with every ones comments i need to go to Doc's and have a chat, in the mean time, back on the exercise :p :p thanks every body. :D

greenstiles":bl4wsqu8 said:
Nail trail...quite true....sorry :oops: Barney will try them.....been on the Camomile tea too.....woke up and had i spose an anxiety attack at 1.30am not fun,has made me realize along with every ones comments i need to go to Doc's and have a chat, in the mean time, back on the exercise :p :p thanks every body. :D

Are you not better yet?

Pull youself together man.

al. ;)

PM'd ya mate.

Another vote for more exercise. My resting heartrate was knocking seventy odds a couple of weeks ago, normally sixty odds. I realised I was stressed up due to a few things, and wasn't getting time to wind down properly. Set time aside and got out in the hills, and averaging mid sixties again.

A lot of it is about separating things you can change and things you can't change.

Talking things over is always good. Lends some perspective.

Your GP should be able to sort out some counselling if you both come to the conclusion that may help.

Best wishes, and is it not a reminder how mature and helpful this site can be?

''
A lot of it is about separating things you can change and things you can't change ''

That makes real good sense :D

I know for some people drugs are the only option, but it is definitely preferable to use other methods if you can.
CBT and exercise are the first ports of call I reckon. Also stretching. Before and after exercise but also just any time during the day. Anxiety can create a lot of tension in the body which then helps promote anxiety and inability to relax. It can also affect your sleep, and if you wake up from tension you are more likely to then get anxious about things. Vicious circle. Thoroughly recommend 'stretching' by Bob Anderson.
Best of luck with getting things under control, and good on you for asking for help. That's one of the hardest steps. ;)

ive found swimming has helped a lot with sleep, while not working and not being able to get out on the bike for long rides ive been doing 3k swims at the local pool and dont have trouble sleeping on the nights i swim. a good alternitive to cycling

Back