Anxiety tips ?

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Anyone got any ? Since loosing my job at xmas my anxiety levels have surprised me, bad sleep that leaves me feeling wrecked, aches n pains (body tension) it's a real drag !

You could always have a chat about the end of the world to one of those freindly people that come to your door.....

Nothing like having something to look forward too ;)

Seriously tho, I found myself in a similar situation 18months ago, only in my case I was kind of forced into a position whereby I decided to quit (basically they engineered it so I would quit before I would otherwise be made redundant... saved them a whack of £££).

I know hat its like to stress about the future, and have the added stress of how its affecting your partner and your relationship, so you have my upmost sympathy

The only thing that got me through it really, was positive belief. Pisitivity that everythiong would be OK in the long run, and that plans we developed to get things back on track would pay off... and they have

Even getting local work in a shop (a far cry from my profession) helped, as it kept me active, meant I was still contributing to the house, and took a lot of the pressure off the Mrs

Keep your chin up, and keep positive
G

Big LOL LOL LOL ;) I have a door sticker saying ......no to such things :D

Aye cheers for advice, i do volunteer stuff 2 days and on free courses , but my days could be fuller i think.

f

Talk to your doctor.thats all.same thing happened to me a few years ago,took ages to go see him,which made stuff worse....ended up anxious about visiting him,so much so that i ended up having the guts of a bottle of wine at 9am before the appointment!i told him everything and he assured me i WASNT nuts(should have got that in writing!),and put me on a course of beta blockers which totally changed my life for the better.GPs are seeing so many patients with anxiety issues now due to most of the populace being skint and jobless that theyre getting better at diagnosing issues and treating them properly.go as soon as humanly possible,he or she is there to deal with this sort of thing asap,the only anxiety i get now is from ending ebay auctions.....bite the bullet and go get sorted out,and best of luck! ;)

p.

cheers, i don't like pills , saw a relative on them for years and put me off though, CBT seems to be good, looking for a local group now

...yeah,hate 'em myself,but a good doctor should be able to temper the dosage so ye dont even notice.mine actually helped my cycling and running as it increased my mileage due to lower heart rate! so ended up fitter and happier...

i feel for you man, iv suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for around 10 years now. only way to keep it under control is with drugs. i was adamant i didnt need them as only crazy people need them, but my life has been 1000% better since i started taking them. i am on a medium dose of sertraline and anxiety attacks are rare now. go see your gp and have a talk.

I have suffered with anxiety disorder and panic attacks for many years. even spent a little time plugged into machines in a Hospital, when one day it all went properly 'Tilt'!!

Learn to control your breathing when you feel things starting to 'slip' or the anxiety starts rising. It sounds strange but you will find yourself holding your breath without realising it.

Also Relax! Take a look at the way you hold youself. Don't hold your stomach in, I know it all sound odd, but this will help control your breathing too.

Find someone you can talk too about this, see your GP and ask if you can see someone about your condition.

Always remember the bouts of Anxiety are very short in nature and when you can predict them (comes with time) you can divert your mind and and get back on a level pretty quickly.

If you need someone to talk to, I'll give you my phone number.

Just PM me.

Take care

al.

Cheers,

The crazy thing is i used to be into Yoga and relaxation etc and had lots of techniques that used to help a lot if i was ever low in life and therefore always kept it in good check..........but it's like my brain has thought it's way around all the good stuff that used to work.......and recently instead of a bit of depression or stress has decided to turn into anxiety swells.....inc my newly acquired ' stress related eczema , just a few patches, but i guess '' it's sometimes bubbles to the surface''...........I don't feel depressed but i do fell anxious , a lot ! perhaps i will pm you, very kind thanks. It is a most disturbing feeling .

Back