ANOTHER new one! Something special this time..

haggis":2qbilcpd said:
I had one of them, superb machine. You'll love it. That's the litespeed version as well which was reviewed as being the best Ti hardtail in the planet.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... -08-30772/
Now look what you've done! You gone and spoiled the answer for me :facepalm:

I'm not an MTBer so know naff all about them, so was always looking through the net and found it relaxing looking for this machine :|

Re:

Well, I've had it for a week or so now, and I've had chance to ride it quite a bit (albeit mainly on light trails and road).

It's not massively light, but then the Hummer was never meant to be a lightweight, and I've always thought of it as a titanium version of the Stiffee. It rides sooooo well, and I've immediately noticed the difference between the way it rides and the way an alu frame rides. It's hard to put a finger on what exactly it is, but the whole bike just feels a lot more alive, even with the relatively tall forks up front (which I'm thinking of dropping down to 110/120mm).

Oh, and the SRAM X0 stuff is in a whole different league to XTR. I honestly can't believe just how much sharper and snappier it feels when shifting.

All I want to do now is swap the 110mm stem for a 90/100mm one and it'll be perfect :D

Back