Another Ellis Briggs Thread

Re:

hamster":hbdvb6dg said:
If it's a pedal end cap, then MKS ones are available as spares (Sigma Sport carry them for starters) and fit Campag pedals.

Ok, that's good to know for the end cap. I'm thinking about drilling the pedal cage out and inserting a bolt to replace the tab. Does that make sense.

I pulled the front rack off last night and trued the wheels. Took it for a spin up the road. It certainly rides nice.

I think I'm being silly about the rear mech., although my research suggests that switching to a period similar Suntour cyclone long cage wouldn't be a bad idea.

There are variations on these....

s-l225.jpg

PeterPerfect":3ptp6rlf said:
I don't know who does their paint but I've seen quite a few and they're on a par with Bob Jackson from Leeds.

I was wondering, seeing as Ellis Brigg’s retail shop is only 8 miles from Bob Jacksons spray shop, I think a reasonable asumption could be made…. :facepalm: :LOL:

It says in the history I've found online that they had their own stove enamelling facility in the early days. No idea if they still have it now that they've moved from the original location.

Back