Another Ellis Briggs Thread

Re:

its one of those odd two bolt campy ones)

Evening! Man where is your head at? They aren't odd, they are even. There wasn't a chance of evening out your saddle after they disappeared. It's the one -bolt ones that are odd.. :)

Re:

Ha! I’m still trying to figure out how to get a spammer on the front bolt! I’ll take a good old single bolt sr laprade any day.

Re: Re:

dirttorpedo":486fo217 said:
Ha! I’m still trying to figure out how to get a spammer on the front bolt! I’ll take a good old single bolt sr laprade any day.

Use an angled ring spanner (8mm?) available from your local friendly Halfords emporium.

Note - other emporiums are available.

The real thing can cost an arm and a leg.....

s-l300.jpg

Re:

Midlife":3o90qhgc said:
The real thing can cost an arm and a leg.....

s-l300.jpg

Ah, now that makes sense. So I went home and pulled the original post. When I did I found a shim in the seat tube. I pulled that as well. Then I gently spread the sides of the clamp to even out the slot. I greased up a 27.2 post and it fits. The bulge in the seat tube from being pinched too small is gone. The new post isn't age appropriate (its one of those aero campy ones), but I can sort that out later. Besides the bike build likely doesn't fit with the frame vintage (most of the parts are late 70's / early 80's). Now I just need to sort out that pedal with the missing tab, replace the old brake pads and maybe some new bar tape.

Re:

Midlife":35demg22 said:
Glad the seat post is sorted :). Missing pedal tab?

Yup - that and one of the grease caps is AWOL. Anyone have a fix for the tab, or do I need to sort out new pedals? The missing tab is much more of an issue than I anticipated - I'm trying to switch to a right foot start to compensate. :shock:

I have some mid 80's Shimano 600's in good shape I could use - another step down the slippery slope towards a mid-80's build with the very nice Shimano 600 groupset sitting in my parts bin.

Re:

If it's a pedal end cap, then MKS ones are available as spares (Sigma Sport carry them for starters) and fit Campag pedals.

Back