Another e-stay Overburys surfaces

makster":2lb3mo8f said:
James..... the owner lives not far from you ;)

You tease ! If it's not for sale it's not for sale :( certianly is a nice bit of Bristol craftsmanship, there is always warmth at "the bike home and rescue centre" for any stray Overbury's that need a clean and some medication ;)

Must find out what my faux-verburys noverburys really is at somepoint ......

Gravy Monster":58rusyw5 said:
makster":58rusyw5 said:

You tease ! If it's not for sale it's not for sale :( certianly is a nice bit of Bristol craftsmanship, there is always warmth at "the bike home and rescue centre" for any stray Overbury's that need a clean and some medication ;)

He's offered to let me get my paws on it next time I'm in Bristol, so I'll pick you up on the way through mate.
He's also got a nice Sarace Eiger and a almega e-stay in that loft!

Gravy Monster":3a9qzuz3 said:
makster":3a9qzuz3 said:

It may be a genuine Overbury's, I was told recently that Andy Powell used to "experiment" with different frame styles, tube sets etc and he didn't always stamp frame numbers.
I was fortunate to find the original seller of my frame and be told the history about it.
It's probably a long shot, but might be worth trying to find Andy Powell and ask him if it is one of his.
I will ask my contact if he has any contact details.

Bryncrug72":2a25c0tm said:
Gravy Monster":2a25c0tm said:
makster":2a25c0tm said:

It may be a genuine Overbury's, I was told recently that Andy Powell used to "experiment" with different frame styles, tube sets etc and he didn't always stamp frame numbers.
I was fortunate to find the original seller of my frame and be told the history about it.
It's probably a long shot, but might be worth trying to find Andy Powell and ask him if it is one of his.
I will ask my contact if he has any contact details.

I can vouch for that as my mate at college had an Andy Powell "special" made for him, which took months and months to get finished. Wish I knew where it was now; last I heard my mate moved to France and took the bike with him; EGGrings and all (proper Bristol build ;) ). Love the bike/frame by the way – keep the pressure up as maybe he'll want to sell it?

unicorn moment, somebody buy that bike and do it proud......
Not quite a tushingham works replica but close, an estay overburys omg

sinnerman":13hxc0q0 said:
I would be very thankful to learn the frame number of this one.

I heard again from the owner of this on Saturday, and the frame number is 9037.
I was pleased to be sent this information, but not as pleased as I was when he agreed to sell it to me :D
His Dad has said that he'll never get it built up again and hates the thought of it not being used.
He knew that I'd been in regular contact with his Son about the bike and asked me to make him an offer he couldn't refuse.
He couldn't refuse my offer so I'm collecting it this week!
Excited is an understatement :D

Back