Another decal thread.

Re: Re:

Southwestslacker1":192edj09 said:
It was a rattle can job, first time on a frame but not a total novice. The hardest bit was spacing all the sticky dots, there's quite a few there!

That paint looks really professional. Is it hard to get a fade?

Re:

Not really, I used double thick paint (Hycote 'double acrylic') for the grey and a delicate touch with the nozzle and build up layers. Double thick has way more control and less runs than standard auto paint, like graffiti paint.
Also a bit of practice on some scrap card or plywood pays off.

Re:

Also 'frog tape' masking tape (yellow) is essential, well worth the price premium over white paper type. Super clean lines and easy peel off every time.

That looks superb. I used vinyl on different bikes and even the thinnest is not like whaterslide or paint.... Thanks for sharing.

These pinarello letters hand painted are also the way to go. I've never found decals fully matching the ghost area!

jordic1968":6opmvncz said:
These pinarello letters hand painted are also the way to go. I've never found decals fully matching the ghost area!

It was the only solution as the ghosting was significant. I was worried how good the sign writing would be ... I have to point out to people it’s not a decal.

Back