Anodiser recommendation around west london / home counties

Just had an email back and they nicely confirmed they dont but suggested contacting jackson plating in Hounslow or Acorn plating in Sandhurst. I'll try jackson first.

I'm not getting anywhere with finding anybody to do a set of cranks in blue... arrgghh. Ok if nobody local can be found, anybody recommend anybody anywhere in the UK?

Re:

I googled someone in Croydon, could ask them. I think another RBer may also have a lead, but he is waiting for a test with them first.

A1 in Crawley replied and yes they can do blue, they cant restore the letters that I think are etched, but could match the blue and I've just sent them a picture to get a price. Will report back if they give me a price.

yeah, that was quick. they can do it for 20 quid. Shall I be chief tester? These are Cook Bros racing cranks I'm doing. They could promise they'd be as polished when they're done but could get them polished if I wanted for another 20 quid. I need to see if the lettering can be replicated before I commit to polishing them and want to see how dull the finish is. If anodizing is 20, polishing 20 and say etching at 20... the price begins not make much sense. For now I'll send them for anodizing and see the results then decide.

EDIT: they can also clear anodise frames but only colour they do is clear or black.

ti_pin_man":1ftahqf7 said:
integerspin - have you used them?

Yes. I can polish and beadblast so I just had the parts anodised.
I rarely took just one or two parts, I would take all the ali from a
race car or motor bike and have it done, I would often pay 20 quid!
Only time I wasn't happy was a job done thru the local platers, it
was a dragster motor plate and I had written something on a bit
of masking tape and stuck it to the motor plate; I collected the
anodising and the plate looked great, I turned it over and it's still got
the bit of masking tape on it;-) I did laugh. How the tape withstood
all the cleaning I don't know.
I haven't had anything done since they moved to Crawley. I keep
meaning to call in and see how much to re-anodise my XT cranks.

Back