And today I did......

fitted a new BB to the splatter (no wonder I was a donkey at Ae, the old one was seized solid ;) ) new salsa flip lock and yellow grips for the yo :cool:

but then buggered it all up by breaking the bolt in the salsa stem- anyone good at getting the bottom half of the bolt out, which is now stuck in there? :evil:

Also went for a 15min run, well within sub-bender tolerance limits!

Fitted some IRC Rustwalls to the B.o.t.E today

Will get it out for a spin tomorrow , glad to get rid of the commuter tyres that were on it,

Because I couldn't squeeze the fatties off the Sv onto it :LOL:

Gc

ally
thats v nice
some dont look good in pics for some reason
whats the crank ?

awaiting more pics
(stick them in the macretro gallery )

touched up the chips on the roady today - take it later to the bike shop to have the handlebars wrapped as I don't want to screw it up. Still looking for a seat for it.

clockworkgazz":vvvdpz07 said:
fitted a new BB to the splatter (no wonder I was a donkey at Ae, the old one was seized solid ;) ) new salsa flip lock and yellow grips for the yo :cool:

but then buggered it all up by breaking the bolt in the salsa stem- anyone good at getting the bottom half of the bolt out, which is now stuck in there? :evil:

Also went for a 15min run, well within sub-bender tolerance limits!

Yellow grips sound ropey :? have you thought about white ourys? :LOL:

Get some releasant into that stem bolt/quill. Should come out quite easy. Tap it up the steerer.

Anything under an hour is in the bender zone, you've read the instructions wrong as per...

RobMac":2yexln47 said:
kaiser":2yexln47 said:
Cannae say I'm a Pace fan but you've definitely done summat nice there :cool: nice choice of components. Look forward to the better pics :)

Thats a 'MANS' MTB :D

I had it in the nerd/geek/wimp category :eek: I stand corrected :LOL:

Today the car broke down :evil: looks like the idler/tensioner bearing has went. Had to get towed home and I've a feeling this will no be cheap to fix. Gone are my days of spannerin under the bunnet.

kaiser":2ubw020g said:
Today the car broke down :evil: looks like the idler/tensioner bearing has went. Had to get towed home and I've a feeling this will no be cheap to fix. Gone are my days of spannerin under the bunnet.

My winter smoker Alfa did that last week. Seized idler due to lack of use. Ended up changing the cam belt, tensioner, idler, balance shaft belt and tensioner and the drive belt, idler and tensioner. Total came to £392. Add that to the £650 it cost to get it through an MOT last month, £100ish for tax. Bastard thing is only worth about £700.

feckin cars eh? waste of bike money :evil:

kaiser":8pwmfbtx said:

Aint that the truth, their designed so that no DIY'er can do anything to them. Hence my interest in pre 90's cars and motorbikes :?

Back