And today I did......

kaiser":joy3o7kv said:
Today I ordered/won the final parts for the roadie, not content with using any old rubbish I bought some jagwire racer cables which will have powercordz gear fitted and some xpedo pedals which will shave a whopping 155g. Spreadsheet total is 7080g which is 15.6lbs, I have some trimming of fork/chain/cables to do and a wee bit of derraileur tuning but I don't think I'll hit the 14.XX. Its amazing how hard it gets down at the nitty gritty. There are a few easy changes but at the sacrifice of aesthetics/comfort. Still if I hit the 14.XX I have the bare bones idea of a 1000g wheelset which would take me into the 13lb territory :)

you going to divulge the cost to weight ratio as per ZZ's spreadsheet method- sounds like an expensive build.

Not the most intuitive of spreadsheets but you get the idea. Not complete either. Cables were £24 and uncut weigh 195g pedals are 195g too and were £50. Shifter weight also includes gear cables which are around 30g+.

5575565874_9b6e636f2c_z.jpg

Probably spent more than I should but I reckon lb for £ you couldn't get something off the shelf that is lighter. I reckon I could get into the 13lb bracket sub £2K, which is nice.

well i got the alpinestars up and running again today with a set of manitou 2's and the proper 1&1/4 xt headset :D :D :D

3d44b79e.jpg

also my klein arrived and it's cracking :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Looking good eck got to be the worst picture in the world, better one tomorrow so we can see all the lurvely bits. Forks look like a good match to.

Back