And today I did......

Threw a tantrum on the floor..........
You know the type,
Rolling on the floor, thumping the carpet and kicking!!

My Bl**dy PS3 has packed up on my after 10 days!! :evil:

Its under warranty and going back in the box!! :LOL:

G

Finally finished building up the Shock-a-Billy last night and decided its all wrong and I don't ike it. I'm going to take it all apart this morning and sell it. I'm looking for a Monster or another Yo instead.

Sodding bikes. :cry:

What's the matter with it Si? Thought you rated it as one of the best fats out there?

Agree with you of course "soddin bikes" my mantra these last 2 years.

Certainly not one of the best Fats but one of, if not the best early full susser. Nothing wrong with the way it will ride- it has the same parts as the last one more or less (AMP Fork, Risse damper, Syncros Cranks and finishing kit, XTR brakes, shifters and mechs etc.) so even though I have not tried it out I'm not expecting it to be any different. Its just i'm not sold on the looks of this one. I told myself I wasnt going to get worked up on looks- it is my 7 stanes bike for taking the sting out of Inners, 'Tress and Kirroughtree etc. but I'm a shallow fool and want it to look good too.
My old SAB looked the baws but I'm not sure on this one. I don't think the aquafade works with all the polished alloy. Both Kingroon and Sidewinder had build problems with this combo I guess, but I wanted to crack it, but I think i'm failing.

I have 4 options.
1. Sell the fooker and admit defeat.
2. Paint the main frame Charcoal like the last one.
3. Ditch the AMP forks for a colour matched Judy DH and colour match the rear end.
4. As above but repaint the whole lot in Grellow.

What do you think?

4305566689_637bdd4bfa_b.jpg

4305566687_e6b0442a56_b.jpg

4305566685_9bc3a2c07e_b.jpg

looks good to me :?

but if it is not working sell and buy summit else that you don't have any history with- clean slate and all that.

Today I had early lunch with MTB stalwart and ex-MBUK staffer Derek Purdey. Great stories!

I wish my bike looked that bad!

If it is not the original paint I would respray to the colour of your choice, you'll only miss it (again) if you get rid of it.

Mr Chance did make incredibly good bikes.

It is original paint and decals and apart from a few small chips and a bit of rub its perfect- hence my reluctance to change too much. I'm going to try the colourmatched rear and Judy front end I think.

yeah thats crap ,bin it

swap you a couple of old supervees for it :LOL:

change of forks wouldn't go a miss ,mag 21's maybee
but the rest is peachey imho

but what do i know

is that the cooks rsr your selling? mighty interested
ahh just noticed the word syncros on them :oops:

mike

Back