And today I did......

bought 2 new HG70 7speed cassettes and chains from EBC sale for only £28 :) and finally bought new pedals to replace my worn out MKS ones that have done me around 18years solid service... look the same too :)

Finally finished the winterization of the Cotic. Fitted a modded oldskool Crudguard to the back which was a pain as there are no braze ons. Ended up making clamps to go around the stays. Next job was to fit some bosses for a front crud catcher. I hated the zipties and the coptertape that was stopping the zipties from scratching the frame. It now has proper mounts so it can be bolted on and off.
Should be good for a dryer return to Thrunton now. Looking forward to spring when it can all be removed again- it looks like its been covered in glue and riden through Halfords at the moment what with the guards and lighting everywhere.

Function over form and all that!

Cleaned and waxed the Yo, fitted the rollmeover tensioner and the king cog but alas we have slippage :( will need to see if it is the cog/chain/front ring another night- prob the cog :?

dismantled the thin-tire, green racing-machine all ready for postage so will need to start thinking about finding a commuter bike soon.

clockworkgazz":3tp8ue18 said:
Cleaned and waxed the Yo, fitted the rollmeover tensioner and the king cog but alas we have slippage :( will need to see if it is the cog/chain/front ring another night- prob the cog :?

dismantled the thin-tire, green racing-machine all ready for postage so will need to start thinking about finding a commuter bike soon.

are some of the bits 1/8 and some 3/32? Furinsatnce 1/8 cog 3/32 chain? If so just get a 1/8 chain

kaiser":1cweso4x said:
clockworkgazz":1cweso4x said:

are some of the bits 1/8 and some 3/32? Furinsatnce 1/8 cog 3/32 chain? If so just get a 1/8 chain

good point will do some sherlock holmes on this thorny one ;)

clockworkgazz":11w5c4d6 said:
zigzag":11w5c4d6 said:
clockworkgazz":11w5c4d6 said:
start thinking about finding a commuter bike soon.
Joab?

started on monday worst luck :LOL:

up in glasga toon so will commute a couple of days a week when the light returns at either end of the day so to speak.
Congratulations ma man, and best of luck with it. Bit of a trek, but a job's a job... Now waiting for Perry to chime in with the MickyD references...

kaiser":33v2kfws said:
clockworkgazz":33v2kfws said:

both chain and cog are 3/32 and since there was no slippage with the 17t shimano POS then my guess will be the CK albeit does look in good nick. I will swap it for the 18t on the on-one and see what happens :?

Latest posts

Back