And today I did......

Seems to be lots of elements to the sculpture. A ladder or tracks, a pick, the frame is more like an M, in what looks like brick pattern.
Whats the track youre riding on ?, was that something else originally.

Must be a reference to it somewhere.

dyna-ti":3bjzgsbc said:
Seems to be lots of elements to the sculpture. A ladder or tracks, a pick, the frame is more like an M, in what looks like brick pattern.
Whats the track youre riding on ?, was that something else originally.

Must be a reference to it somewhere.

It's part of the Plym Valley / Drakes Trail Cycle path. Route 27.

More details here
https://thrussells.com/portfolio-item/p ... age-trail/

and here
https://plymhearts.org/arts-and-culture ... age-trail/

The trail is part of the old railway, crosses some great bridges and was build for use during the period when mining was important to the area.

Saturday I took a scorching ride around the fire roads of GT

Was spookily quiet (only saw 4 other folk the whole way round) I may have bent the rules by taking a slow bimble down Spooky Woods as the fire road runs can get a tad boring but it was well within my limits

Also saw the first off road (well on and off) for Mrs boxxers new Whyte 806 which for the money (£16 per month on BTW) held up surprisingly well, made me climb a hell of a lot faster too!

Re:

Local country park has unlocked the main gate meaning I can now get the trailer through.
Took the wee man round my usual loop as we were both ready early for once.
But breezy but nice ride. Glad we got out when we did as it’s now starting to rain.

Bike used for trailer duties needing a few things cleaned and adjusted. Got a feeling it’s going to need new brake pads. Hopefully get some alone time in the garage over the weekend to get things stripped.

Re:

Today I realised my understanding of MTB is extremely in the past.
Read a piece about thru axle wheelset that described 142mm rears as old fashioned !!!!!
I can't get over the fact that 135mm is not still the norm :facepalm:
Now I realise I'll never catch up but does not really matter as my skills are last century aswell :LOL:

Re: Re:

clubby":1qf2tnn3 said:
velomaniac":1qf2tnn3 said:
I can't get over the fact that 135mm is not still the norm :facepalm:

Epicyclo says the same thing about 130mm :LOL:
Hang on, you're going too fast.

I'm just upsizing my road bikes to 126mm from 120mm and wondering where I'll find a hub as wide as that. :)

New tent arrived today and it has been torrential rain since the morning. So cant set it up :( How bloody annoying :x

dyna-ti":36lf14ev said:
New tent arrived today and it has been torrential rain since the morning. So cant set it up :( How bloody annoying :x

Best time to set it up! Will put your tent erecting skills to the test ;)

OK if you can pitch the outer first.

Unfortunately Jim its one of these modern affairs where you need to pitch inner first. They arent freestanding and the poles need to go through the inner sleeve as opposed to on the outside.
But im sure as you say a bit of practice and them clipped together I can account for the rain.

TBH I'm not sure why they would construct it like that. You would think in any situation, in rain or falling snow you want a dry shelter up and hang a dry inner while sheltering under it. As is theres more chance of the floor being wet as you get in, and a need to dry that first.
Maybe its the nature of 3 season, to be able to use it just on mesh.

This is the mindset from camping for years here :LOL: Everything needs to be bomb proof.

Latest posts

Back