And today I did......

Re:

WHAT !!!
You know about the flock of young goats and the captive bolt gun.....I thought that one had been properly hushed up. Can't have loose ends, now where's the number for our guys in Glasgow..........

Re:

Went for another ride around the local woods first thing this morning, rode a few sections I've not ridden before, and found a couple of new paths that I'll have to explore another time.
For the first hour or so the place was deserted, at one point whilst checking Trailforks app I turned round to see a deer on the path about 20m away, it gave the the "what the f*ck are you doing here?" look before wandering off ;) saw loads of red squirrels too, and much unidentified rustling in the undergrowth :LOL:

By around 9am though the dog walkers had descended en masse, it got a bit silly at one point as I pulled over to let a walker past, there was another behind her, and another a little way in front of me. The trail wasn't wide enough to be more than 2m apart whilst passing, so they all did the "after you, no after you.... No I insist, you first.... Not at all. After you..." Etc. :facepalm:. I got bored of waiting for them to stop dithering and just rode on.... They soon scattered out of my way though :LOL:

Re:

A skill I have aquired but seldom use because I do not have the patience is wheel building. So bored in the last 24 hours I built a wheel set !
Now have a retro style set of disc hubs on 50mm wide Sun Phat Albert rims in lovely red anodised. They are now shod with mismatched Nokian 26 X 2.3" tyres and sit attached to a Specialized Hard rock frame from the noughties with some mk1 U-turn Rockshox Pike's.
In case that sounds too modern and normal for Velo, I should point out that the frame is size 13", originally intended for a front wheel drive recumbent project that failed. Thus frame now sports a 500mm long folding bike seat post and will be fitted with a 150mm reach stem so I fit the frankenbike :)

Re: Re:

jimo746":1xk4dc6n said:
:LOL: Velo. We need to see some photos of this creation.

Are you sure :p :LOL:

Well done on building the wheels though, a tricky skill puts me off trying. I can true, but the whole build thing seems too complicated and im sure id mess it up

Re:

Truing a wheels the hardest bit, the rest is quite easy. First though you need to do all the measurements for spoke length on some spocalc software then order the right length spokes and nipples for your hub and rim. Lace up the hub to rim using a prebuilt wheel as your template. Then tension up spokes and true wheel. Prestress the spokes by holding wheel by rim and pushing hub against floor, do it again at 90 degrees, flip over and do again as first side. The true and tension again. Result built wheel, piece of p*** for you Dyna as you are technically gifted ;-)

Re:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Have you considered a bigger frame? A MUCH bigger frame?
Surely something might turn up at the Bike Station in a couple months time?

I actually have a Hardrock Sport 17 in red with Forks, shifters, handlebars, seat post and seat, chainset, pedals etc you can have for free. You basically need brake calipers, mech hanger, if your into that sort of thing, I may even have a set of disc wheels, not sure, and your good to go and can have the rubbish seized disc callipers. Its yours if you want it otherwise I am scrapping it. It was for a friends daughter and then I picked her up another one for less than a decent set of wheels so this has sat in my shed both here and the new place for 6 months. I can drop it off sometime once we are allowed to travel as I have to go to Fife and will be staying in Perth so can sort it to you. I would rather it go to someone who has a use for it.

Jamie

Back